Assistant Payment Manager, STS/Cheque Operations
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Review and approve transactions according to delegated authority
- Maintain delivery standards - in terms of accuracy / error rates, timeliness and throughput - as established by the Service level Agreement.
- Enforce proper control to ensure operations are in compliance with the established audit and security procedures.
- Contribute to increased efficiency by identifying opportunities for improvement of workflows and operating guidelines.
- Improve staff quality by developing, in conjunction with the team, leader, staff training, job rotation and job enrichment program.
- Supervise and provide guidance to the team in performing daily activities under the role of payment processing including but not limit to AML monitoring.
- Sound knowledge of banking law and practices
- Experience in payment operations and customer service.
- In - depth knowledge of local and international payment methods and settlement arrangements. A thorough understanding of SWIFT and Nostro/ Vostro accounts principle.
- Sound knowledge of foreign exchange, Agency Arrangement and relevant banking regulations. Knowledge of the business practice and standards of the Overseas Group offices and correspondents.
- Thorough understanding of the functionality of the payment systems.
- Good interpersonal skills. Ability to maintain a good professional relationship with external and internal contacts.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.