• Preparation of account onboarding packs
• Responsible for completing account onboarding of prospects including but not limited for individuals, corporates, trusts and financial intermediaries. This will cover preparing and checking the forms and relevant KYC documentations submission and initial assessment of name screenings & hits, taking appropriate approvals and timely submission of the case.
• Identify and highlight any potential red flags appropriately
• Liaise with relationship managers and counterparts for issues and client related deficiencies identified during the onboarding process.
• Conduct AML periodic reviews of existing relationships including but not limited to higher risk relationships and financial intermediaries as per scheduling from compliance. This will cover preparing the forms, submission, and initial assessment of name screenings & hits, taking appropriate approvals, uploading documents to the relevant systems and timely submission of the reviews
• Identify and escalate any suspicious activity or potential red flags appropriately
• Liaise with relationship managers for issues and deficiencies identified during review
• Represent the team in ad hoc AML related projects, initiatives and UATs
• To the extent qualified and licensed to do so, may need to act as a backup to dedicated MA(s). In doing so, will be required to conduct regulated activities on an occasional basis, as to be designated by his/her line manager
EDUCATION & COMPETENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Degree holder with good results especially in banking and finance-related fields.
• At least 2 years’ related experience in Private Banking Sector
• Experiences in client on-boarding, periodic reviews and AML-related tasks are
• Good analytical capabilities, presentation, and organization skills
• Self-motivated and confident with a high degree of initiative required
• Ability to handle pressure and tight deadlines
• Excellent team player and exhibit a high level of motivation and drive