Assistant Vice President, Large Holdings (IB Operations)
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 17 oct. 17 2017-10-17
Assistant Vice President, Large Holdings (IB Operations)
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Our two clearly defined divisions, Barclays UK and Barclays International, provide diversification by business line, geography and customer, enhancing financial resilience and helping to contribute to the delivery of consistent returns through the business cycle. We have a strong core business with exciting prospects, well positioned to deliver long-term value for our shareholders.
Consistent with the objective of delivering long-term sustainable value for all our stakeholders, we have developed our Shared Growth Ambition - our approach to citizenship and the sustainability of the business model we operate. The aim is to make decisions and do business that provides our clients and customers, and the communities which we serve, with access to a prosperous future.
The delivery of our strategy is underpinned by the energy, commitment and passion of our people, and we are clear on our common purpose: to help people achieve their ambitions, in the right way.
About Large Holdings
Large Holdings is the functional area within Operations which is responsible for ensuring the Firm meets its large shareholding monitoring, advisory and reporting obligations.
Global Markets Operations is the engine responsible for ensuring the execution and servicing of all products and services. Our core objective is to deliver service excellence by executing our processes in the safest and most efficient way, leveraging automation and 'Lean' approaches to achieve this. Some of the core processes that we deliver include Post Trade Services, FX Operations, and Collateral & Liquidity operations.
The environment in which we operate is continually changing. Global Markets Operations plays a key role in driving market initiatives and regulatory changes and, by ensuring we are ahead of competitors on these initiatives, continually helps to drive down costs and increase revenue.
Around 3,000 colleagues work in Global Markets Operations globally, and our ambition is to make our organisation a truly excellent place to work, with the best possible opportunities for colleagues to succeed and develop their careers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on
Overall purpose of role
Global Large Shareholding regulations require Barclays to monitor and disclose the Firm's aggregate holdings in equity and equity related securities of publicly listed companies to regulators, exchanges and issuers. Market disclosures are preconditions to a liquid and efficient market, lowering the cost of capital and delivering benefits for investors. Global laws are complex and carry significant levels of risk that can lead to market destabilisation. Market failures lead to regulatory censure and reputational damage.
- Groupwide coverage of all monitoring and reporting to regulators, exchanges and listed issuers in the NJA region. This includes coverage for long and short shareholding reporting and regional Takeover Panel regulations.
- Responsible for driving operational performance, identifying operational and technical efficiencies to ensure that the bank meets its global regulatory obligations. The role holder will work alongside technical counterparts to ensure embedded controls remain resilient during periods of change.
- To establish, mobilise and deliver key projects to enhance regulatory capability while realising benefits as a result of key deliverables.
- To provide effective support and guidance to the business on all matters related to the Global Large Holdings policy, Global Standards and the control environment within the NJA region.
- To provide advice on all Shareholding reporting matters including the effects on structural transactions. The individual will also be a point of contact for trade approvals across the business.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- The role holder will partner with Product Compliance, Control and Infrastructure functions and business teams to promote awareness of global transparency regulation and the implications for the firm. The role holder will develop and maintain key stakeholder relationships including Technology, Legal, Audit and private/public side business teams.
- Deal with inquiries from regulators, legal and internal/external audit, as deemed necessary. The role holder will be expected to spearhead the harmonisation and synergy between Control Group Functions and continue to implement a robust and cutting edge surveillance program.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
The role is responsible for complex queries and issues in all matters relating to long and short holding disclosures and takeover reporting. This includes coaching and advising key business stakeholders on regulatory implications, providing proactive leadership and steer on current regulatory landscape while managing key risks within a controlled environment.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
- Experience working within a top-tier banking institution or equivalent, having a deep understanding of global Large Holdings regulation including a technical understanding of calculation methodologies and the associated regulatory risks.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in related discipline.
- Highly competent in MS applications, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Be used to working to tight deadlines, be results and performance focused be confident to be able to communicate with purpose and clarity both in written and verbal formats.