·Reputable Chinese Investment Bank ·Growing Environment ·Competitive Remuneration
Our client, a leading reputable Chinese Investment Bank, is looking to hire an Associate to support their Equity Derivatives Middle Office team.
- Managing trade flow (from processing to affirmation and settlement of trades) and work with front office, all middle to back functional support team to ensure trading activities are properly booked in internal system. Working with the client and PBs to resolve all breaks in a timely manner and ensuring daily deliverables are met.
- Work on processing of corporate actions, post-trade events, trade lifecycle. Provide expertise advice to front office on trade booking such that all downstream reports are accurate.
- Work on root cause for re-occurring issue and break. Identify the issues, report Calypso bug to I.T.
- Daily oversight of all trade booking, settlement related activities.
- Suggest and implement process improvements and utilize technology to improve efficiency in terms of reconciliations process and another operations workflow.
- Ensuring Operational standards are adhered to and any exception processes are fully documented and approved.
- Participate in new product approval process by analysing the impact on trade booking, settlement, end-of-day process, regulatory reporting, etc…
- Initiate projects when required, to facilitate IT Development or Process change. Ensuring full project management lifecycle standards/tasks are adhered to.
- Answer query both from internal and external audit, and provide necessary supporting document
- University graduated in Finance, Business Administration or relevant disciplines.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a trade support/ middle office from an international bank environment
- A strong understanding of equity derivatives product (both vanilla and exotics), i.e. equity linked swaps, options, structured notes and portfolio swaps., etc.
- Control focused mind-set with track record in excelling in operation team
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment, able to manage front office expectation in meeting their request
- Strong organizational, communication and prioritization skills
- Excellent PC skills with good understanding of MS Office (Word & Excel).
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Chinese (both Cantonese and Mandarin)