Associate - Markets (Global Client Development - Institutional, Sell Side)
The Global Client Development (GCD) department's institutional team is responsible for business development, sales and relationship management across the institutional buy-side, sell-side and custodians to grow HKEX business revenue, increase market share and execute HKEX corporate strategic plan. The Associate position is based in Hong Kong and a part of department's sell-side institutional team which is responsible in driving the department projects and business development initiatives. The client coverage includes on institutional sell-side firms with focus on HKEX cash and derivatives market participants, non-participants, banks and brokers.
- Create and/or support drive targeted, integrated and effective client engagement plans & revenue generating campaigns aligned with business goals and strategies of the department
- Coordinate and support key business development initiatives across GCD institutional sell-side team
- Support client account relationship management
- Support completion of market surveys, questionnaires, and consultations (both official and soft) focused on HKEX business initiatives
- Lead and/or support on generation and completion of key internal and external business report
- Understand market structure or customer business challenges and support in identifying solutions by working across GCD team or relevant internal HKEX departments
- Work with other internal GCD business leads to consistently accomplish assigned projects in an efficient and cost-effective manner within approved budget
- Be the subject matter expert for the assigned projects specifically in external client engagement
- Support GCD business leads in identifying new business revenue opportunities and source new client contacts
- University Degree, preferable in Finance / Economics / Business Administration or related disciplines
- Minimum 3 years of financial industry experience in cash equity and/or derivatives market
- A trustworthy and respected self-starter
- Abilities to publically represent HKEX when engaging external clients and industry representatives within the guidelines of corporate policy
- Knowledge and experience in buy-side trading or sell-side equity or derivatives sales trading is a plus
- Written and speaking English fluency for business communication is required. Fluency in Cantonese and Mandarin is a plus.
Applicants who do not hear from us within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data provided will only be used for the purpose of employment application to HKEX.