Associate - Shared Service - Operations - Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Nomura Asia
- 28 nov. 17 2017-11-28
The candidate will be working within the HK Shared Services team to oversee the governance framework and controls. This includes oversight of vendors, agent banks and service providers. Functions covered include settlements and OTC derivative confirmation
Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm practices disciplined entrepreneurship while building on a long tradition of serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership.
Role Description / Areas of Responsibility
• The candidate will be working within the HK Shared Services team to oversee the governance framework and controls. This includes oversight of vendors, agent banks and service providers. Functions covered include settlements and OTC derivative confirmation Main responsibilities are:
• Oversight of Operation Controls (processes and procedures are in compliance with internal/external policies and regulations)
• Define and provide oversight on the KRI, SLA and capacity indicators within the team and provide support where required. Ensure KRI logic captures all relevant risks (completeness) in a timely manner
• Ensure issues are escalated in a timely manner and work with teams to analyze the root cause to implement an effective solution within agreed timeline.
• Represent the functions in regional meetings with business and stakeholders to discuss projects, issues and outstanding risk items
• Perform analysis of new business and projects with the team to map out the required controls and processes to support the new business/ projects.
• Periodic QA on Operations Controls
• Manage the relationship with vendors and agent banks.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education is required
• Languages: English, Cantonese
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Good analytical skills, ability to multi-task and work under pressure
• Strong knowledge of the securities trade flow and operational risk and control requirements
• Familiarity with emerging/ disruptive technology such as robotics and/or macro/programming skills
• Experience in audit or control functions will be an advantage
Regional Disclaimers / Diversity Statement
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation.