Associate Director, BI Architect, Finance System Applications
Bring your career aspirations to life with AIA!
This BI Architect is the technical owner of the Business Intelligence and Reporting strategy for Finance function. Objective is to enable management and business functions to make data-based decisions. This role will lead, hands on, strategic BI projects in the environment on SAP BW application and non-SAP BW solutions.
• Manage all solution conflicts and issues ensuring strong relationship is established with key business stakeholders Roles and Responsibilities:
Financial and Non-Financial Measures:
- Work closely with Business users to capture BI (Business Intelligence) requirements based on business objectives, initiatives, challenges and questions
- Proactively engage with Business Stakeholders and perform technical architecture assessments, data model design, conducting planning sessions and define technical BW road maps.
- Manage requirements gathering, conducting workshops, leading development, UAT testing, user-training and hyper-care & post-production efforts.
- Oversee all Project and BAU design decisions ensuring the integrity of the Global template is maintained
- Provide expert guidance on Business Intelligence (BI) skills and technologies.
- Develop scalable and maintainable BI applications to meet business objectives.
- Develop security and authentication standards for the organization.
- Define BI standards, guidelines and best practices for business groups and technical teams.
- Collaborate with BI Administrators, Developers and Analysts for successful development of BI reporting and analysis solutions.
- Manage offshore support technology support team and external BW consultants
- Manage Integration of Solution across key functional pillars
- Provide technical guideline / support to BI support team on BI tools upgrades, maintain the entire business intelligence backend, including data warehouses.
- Recommend strategies to improve performance and capacity of BI tools.
- Ensuring BW solutions are up to date with AIA Business processes and upgrades/changes thereof and at all times aligned to operational needs
- Provide business and technical solution to BI support team on major change request.
- Deliver On time, on schedule delivery of assigned BW projects
- Conformance to the target application architecture
- Conformance to technology standards and product standards
- Ensure BW Solutions delivered can fit for purpose and meets business requirements
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Strong oral and written communication skill, user interaction skill and collaborative team working across different system / business functions
- Communicate regularly with the BI support team members and IT functions, ensuring alignment of the target architectures and standards, deliverable meets users' requirement
- Communicate complex technical problems in clear and simple terms
- University graduate
- At least 10 years IT experience mandatory
- Min. 5 years strong proven track record in delivering IT Projects related to BI solution, through all phases (requirements gathering, data/process modelling, design through testing, training, deployment and go live support)
- Solid knowledge and experience with SAP BW on HANA, LSA++ data modeling with a mixture of BW and HANA Native modeling tools having ECC and S/4 as the source systems
- Hands-on, professional experience on BI solution development using Power BI, Azure and SQL Server
- Be proactive, self-motivated, accountable, and self-driven to overcome challenges
- Insurance or financial services industry experience mandatory
- Experience in Agile projects or in project management is a plus.
- Experience in the following will be an added advantage
- Azure Cloud architecture with SAP landscape knowledge
- Upgrade BW on HANA to BW4/HANA
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live healthier, longer, better lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.