Associate Director, Business & Product Management
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- CDI, Plein-temps
- S&P Global
- 22 juil. 18 2018-07-22
Associate Director, Business & Product Management
The Role: Associate Director, Business and Product Management
The Location: Beijing
The Impact: This role sits within the Global Business and Product Management team and is responsible for providing support to Sales in an effort to drive client engagement, operationalize new product development and extend existing products.
What's in it for you: You will have the opportunity to work with the Commercial, Legal, Compliance, Technology, Data and Operations groups from within the organization to ensure that business processes and their supporting components are designed, implemented and managed consistently and to the highest standards. This role reports to the Head of Business and Product Management, APAC.
- Develops relationships with existing customers (e.g. Issuers, Investors, Intermediaries) with the goal of fostering continued use of S&P Global Ratings products products/platforms or services as well as identifying new products based on their needs. Develops and maintains a database of all potential customers in the market for new products/platform to be launched. Conducts comparative analysis against competitors and provides input to strategic planning of product direction and features. Performs analysis of product profitability and sales success. Oversees win/loss analysis for the products. Defines and size market segments. Determines the optimum distribution strategy. Recommends improvements to products/platforms based on client feedback
- Manages the analysis of competitive markets to assist in developing ideas for new product/platform development. Collaborate with Sales to ideate and properly position solutions
- Assists the businesses with all aspects of planning a new product launch including product definition, technical feasibility, and market strategy. Executes go-to-market strategy for the product/platform by providing tools, support and guidance to product marketing team members deploying regional marketing campaigns, creating marketing assets and metrics
- Develops/modifies product value propositions for each relevant target market. Collaborates with Sales management to set sales plans for products; develops sales force product/platform training plans
- Negotiates with various parties (including IT partners, as necessary) on deadlines/obstacles as part of the product development cycle
What we're looking for:
- Applies broad knowledge of marketing principles, business drivers, related areas and external market to impact business results. Has good knowledge of the industry and specialized knowledge of S&P Global Ratings products
- Solves complex problems in business development processes. Takes a new perspective using expertise and judgment
- Interacts with Marketing, Product and Technology leadership and peers outside of own team. Works with teams across the business to develop new product ideas. Participates in professional associations, conferences and other external activities. Interacts with clients as needed to support the S&P Global Ratings Products
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; Advanced degree preferred
- 8+ years general work experience with 7+ years relevant industry experience
- Exposure to markets relevant to product specialty. Skills in basic analytical tools such as MS Excel, statistical packages, data query tools; as well as basic understanding of the all other MS office products
- Fluent in Mandarin, Cantonese and English
S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings .
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.