Associate Director, Expense Reporting & Analysis, Wealth and Asset Management Asia
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations. Job Description Overview of Manulife's Asia Wealth and Asset Management (WAM) Businesses:
We are a leading fully-integrated asset and wealth manager with over US$ 110 billion of assets under management across retail mutual funds, retirement / pensions and institutional asset management in Asia. As part of the global team of 425 investment professionals, our Asian footprint features truly regional teams of over 180 investment experts spread across 10 Asian markets. Our combined wealth and asset management platform allows us to bring to our customers objective-oriented, format-agnostic solutions across a broad spectrum of equity, fixed income, pensions, insurance and wealth products in public and private asset classes. Manulife boasts a captive distribution channel with a 70,000-strong Manulife agent and direct sales network. Our institutional foothold in Asia has been expanding, with AUM more than tripled and number of clients increased by seven times over the past five years. We also have a growing intermediary distribution network, another key channel to grow our retail business in the region, through our partnership arrangements with banks and independent financial advisors. Our team-focused approach fosters an environment of collaboration and partnership across and within different teams, functions, and geographies. Job summary:
Reporting to the Head of Asia WAM Finance Advisory & Analysis, this critical role will lead the development of high quality expense reporting and analysis, leveraging shared service and business processing centres, as well as have responsibility for the coordinate of the Costfit reporting and associated initiatives for the Asia WAM business.
The role requires a highly capable and accountable finance professional, with the ability to work independently and as part of a broader team with specific capability to influence and collaborate across a broad stakeholder group, both within the region and back to the North American head office. Responsibility includes the delivery of timely, well-articulated expense reporting and analysis, proactive identification of strategic and commercial opportunities, Costfit tracking and analysis, as well as significant input into the planning and forecasting process for the WAM business.
Responsible for proactive identification and execution of continuous improvement opportunities, with specific focus on automation and self-service reporting functionality (e.g. Power BI).
An ability to influence outside direct lines of accountability and across a matrix structure, effective and efficient use of scarce resources and leveraging broader organization scale and shared service functions. Core Accountabilities:
Professional Experience / Qualifications:
- Accountable for the provision and development of high quality expense reporting and analysis for the WAM Asia business, across multi dimensions (channel / region / function), together with value added insight and associated commentary.
- Identification of opportunities and associated reporting and analysis for the Asia WAM Costfit initiatives, with close collaboration with both the Asia business and Global WAM Costfit leads (Canada based).
- Role model behavior and contribute to a culture of innovation and continuous improvement, providing input and leading initiatives (as required), with specific focus on the development of self-serve reporting functionality (e.g. Power BI).
- Focus on teamwork and contribute to a highly engaged culture, with the ability to work independently and as part of a broader team.
- To be seen as a trusted business partner with stakeholders to drive expense efficiency, building effective relationships across a wide stakeholder group, whilst developing high levels of credibility with WAM Business and the broader Finance function.
- The ability to influence teams and individuals on both a direct and indirect reporting basis across a highly matrix organization, with strong collaboration skills, and a particular focus on leveraging centre of excellence teams and outsource partners for efficient production and analysis.
- Handling ad hoc assignments and initiatives as required
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock. About Manulife
- Bachelor degree holder with > 5 years finance related working experience, qualified accountant preferred (CA / CPA / CMA)
- Previous expense management, reporting and analysis experience, with developed understanding of finance ledger constructs and the ability to leverage data
- Extensive experience in cross-departmental project management and initiatives, with strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and continuously improve
- High level of business and commercial acumen, well developed analytical skills with a high attention to detail
- Strong team orientation, excellent (English) communication skills, with strong interpersonal skills to deal with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent Powerpoint and Excel skills, with experience in development of self-serve reporting highly desirable (e.g. Power BI, etc.)
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2018, we had more than 34,000 employees, over 82,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 28 million customers. As of June 30, 2019, we had over $1.1 trillion (US$877 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.4 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States are where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.