Associate Director / Manager, Accounting Advisory, Financial Management
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- KPMG (China and Hong Kong SAR)
- 21 févr. 19
KPMG China operates in 19 cities across China, with around 12,000 partners and staff in Beijing, Beijing Zhongguancun, Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Foshan, Fuzhou, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Nanjing, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Tianjin, Wuhan, Xiamen, Xi'an, Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR. KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 154 countries and territories, and have 200,000 people working in member firms around the world.
KPMG China provides audit, tax and advisory services to a broad range of clients. KPMG’s commitment to quality is demonstrated in our disciplined delivery approach and use of cross-functional teams. As part of KPMG's Advisory function, the Management Consulting practice works with its clients on a broad range of business issues including Accounting Change, Financial Management, Business Effectiveness, People and Change, Operational Strategy and Technology.
IFRS 17 accounting advisory is a key offering for KPMG and it is therefore an exciting opportunity to help further develop and grow our business within a young and energetic team. Our accounting advisory team focuses on assisting clients to design and implement their finance function response to IFRS 17, typically working alongside actuarial, IT and broader finance professionals on multidisciplinary projects . As part of this team, you will be working with a number of the largest insurers undertaking initial impact assessments through to developing accounting solutions and application guidance, prototyping, implementation, financial analysis and ultimately financial reporting and supporting their external audit process.
We are looking for a few Associate Director and Manager candidates with specific experience in the Insurance sector and skills in some of the following categories:
- Financial Reporting
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Technical accounting / Accounting Policy
- IFRS 17 assessment
- Economic valuation and reporting, for example Embedded Value reporting, Economic Capital, Solvency II, Risk Based Capital
- Internal controls
- External audit
The responsibilities attributable to this role will include some or all of the following:
- Direct and monitor the work of a team of Advisors and Researchers
- Operate as an effective team manager, team builder, coach and mentor
- Effective delegate of work packages to junior team members whilst retaining control over quality of outputs
- Manage and contribute to the development of junior staff
- Actively manage the client interface and take responsibility for delivery and fulfilment of projects presenting to clients / targets in formal situations
- Help to take responsibility for developing new products and methodologies
- Develop, recruit and retain junior members of the team
- Manage your own development in accordance with agreed personal and team goals
The individual will have / be:
- Strong analytical, strategic and commercial experience
- Proven track record of combining accounting analysis with commercial business advice
- An experienced finance professional with a history of successfully delivering the types of projects outlined in the above section, typically within a large Accounting Firm, Management Consultancy or Corporate organisation
- Excellent knowledge of financial reporting and current accounting practices under IFRS 4
- Good knowledge of the finance function, its organisation, processes and systems
- Driven individual looking to work in an advisory team that will grow significantly over the next few years
- Qualified Accountant
- Strong communicator with the personal skills to build strong and lasting client relationships
- Able to demonstrate project based skills (i.e. project management and delivery) relevant to our Accounting Advisory solution set with a proven track record in delivering high quality project, work stream or assignment outputs
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2018 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.