Associate, Principal Developer - Corporate - Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Nomura Asia
- 18 janv. 19
Working closely with Delta One front office and other IT/corporate teams to implement practical solutions and contribute to both tactical and strategic programmes.Working constructively in a multi-region team to deliver high quality solutions, and to encourage continuous improvement and collaboration.
Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm practices disciplined entrepreneurship while building on a long tradition of serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership.
- Working closely with Delta One front office and other IT/corporate teams to implement practical solutions and contribute to both tactical and strategic programmes.
- Working constructively in a multi-region team to deliver high quality solutions, and to encourage continuous improvement and collaboration.
- Provide second-line support to the business for both system and business problems.
- Numerate degree holder or above
- Experience building complex systems using one or more of C#, Java, C++ or Python.
- Can independently manage time to concurrently deliver on multiple projects within a front-office environment with changing priorities
- Follows projects through to completion; digs into difficult issues to identify root causes
- Finance: working knowledge on delta one trade bookings, equity derivatives, swaps
- Practitioner of agile development & DevOps principles
- Team-player with strong communication skills with business and able to relay information effectively to other developers
- Self-motivated, flexible, can do attitude, able to diagnose and troubleshoot application problems
- Punctual and reliable, open to work early morning, late evening and week-end for support/release coverage
- Expertise in C# .NET including LINQ, RX, TPL, WPF, WinForms
- VBA/Excel: Experience with migrating legacy spreadsheets into C#, debugging VBA
- Ability to create appealing and user-friendly experiences with a variety of technologies
- Working experience in Linux
- Vendor: DevExpress, TIBCO (RV & EMS) / Reuters / Bloomberg / Horizon
- KDB+: Big Data querying, functional programming in Q, system maintenance
- SQL: Schema design, data mining, data management (SQL Server preferred)
- Python 3: Scripting, pandas/numpy, backtesting
- Web Technology: Experience with the MEAN stack and an eagerness to promote the use of alternative technology in our platform
- Experience with statistical analysis of large data sets, AI & machine learning
- Experience building scalable systems using distributed computing techniques
Regional Disclaimers / Diversity Statement
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation.