Associate / Assistant Vice President, Fund Accountant
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships. * excluding partnerships
BNP Paribas Securities Services is among the world leaders in the securities services industry. BP2S is ranked 5 th in the world in terms of assets under custody and is ranked the first non-American securities services provider. We have an A rating by Standard and Poor's.
Our mission is to ensure smooth and secure financial transactions for our clients (banks, brokers, institutional investors and corporates) and to protect their assets across all markets. Our clients are: fund managers (including alternative funds), insurance companies, sovereign-wealth funds, superannuation funds, brokers and investment banks, commercial banks, major companies and issuers. We help our clients to focus on their key activities and become more efficient by taking charge of their middle and back office services (especially for brokers, investment banks and asset managers in Europe, USA and Asia Pacific).
We operate in all classes - equities, bonds, mutual funds, investment funds, listed derivatives, OTC derivatives and alternative funds and structured products. We are present in over 100 markets worldwide with Assets under Custody of USD9, 070 billion and process 85 million transactions each year.
We offer you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We now have an exciting opportunity in our Fund Accounting team.
The Fund Accounting (FA) team is responsible for overall production of the Net Asset Value calculations for both single manager hedge funds and fund of hedge fund clients. The FA team produces daily, weekly and monthly valuations for clients in adherence to client reporting requirements and HFS internal procedures. The team independently reconciles, reviews and reports on trades, positions, cash and prices, controls general ledger postings and the final NAV review sign off process. The team maintains the client relationship and therefore frequent client contact is an important part of the groups remit.
Key responsibilities are:
- Handling work with clients, fund managers and other third parties on daily operational issues (in independent and professional manner)
- Preparing and reviewing Daily/Monthly NAV calculation
- Establishing very solid knowledge in the fund administration business and common practice, including hedge funds, fund of hedge funds and private equity funds
- Responding to client enquiries and coordinate work with other internal departments
- Preparing report for due diligence meeting with client/investor
- Responding to the auditor queries timely and ensure the funds' filed the AFS/FAR to CIMA on the agreed time line
- Preparing administrator reporting in connection with the funds'/managers' board meeting
- Coaching and training new staff
- Actively involving in internal projects and leading the internal administrative work
- Evaluating the existing processes and initiating the work plan to improve efficiency
Ideal candidate should have followings.
- A relevant Bachelor degree
- At least 5 years' Fund accounting experience
- A professional accounting qualification would be an advantage
- Having private equity fund experience is a plus
- Ability to listen and understand client issues and formulate and lead relevant action plans
- Strong written and oral communication as well as presentation skills