Assurance - Financial Accounting Advisory Services - IT Programmer - Manager
- To be discussed
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Ernst & Young Hong Kong
- 09 nov. 17 2017-11-09
Our Assurance group is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organizations in the industry. As part of our teams, you will provide peace of mind to clients by using your skills and experience to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity
Our Assurance group is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organizations in the industry. As part of our teams, you will provide peace of mind to clients by using your skills and experience to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity of financial statements and business-critical information or processes. Groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines) within Assurance include External Audit, Climate Change and Sustainability Services, Financial Accounting Advisory Services and Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services.
Join Financial Accounting Advisory Services within Assurance and you will assist our clients to address the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business. You will be part of teams that provides insight and services that enhance analytics, decision-making and innovation to build a stronger and more efficient finance and operational functions.
You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to provide on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Your key responsibilities
- Work as the programming Lead in the FAAS team to contribute in various technical streams of packages implementation project.
- Gather new requirements from various clients.
- Conduct program specification for programmers to implement programs
- Involve in program design, implementation and testing
- Hands-on working with relational databases, data analysis platforms and programming languages - such as SQL, MySQL, PHP, Java, Microsoft Dynamics, Java, .Net, SAS etc.Handle documentation including system flow, data flow, operation flow and program specification
- Leverage visualization software to generate business Intelligence reporting.
Skills and attributes for success
- Exposure to all stage of data analytics project lifecycle (identification, extraction, load, transform/shape, analyse, report) both from a design and implementation perspective.
- Demonstrable understanding of data quality risks and ability to carry out necessary quality checks to validate results obtained.
- Proven hands-on experience in the use of at least one advanced data analysis platform.
To qualify for the role you must have
· Bachelor's degree in a numerate discipline e.g. Mathematic, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science with a strong computer programming component.
· At least 6-8 years of working experience in Accounting or Financial industry with strong hands on experience in program development in professional service and consultancies.
· Articulate with excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to provide personal credibility quickly and demonstrate professional.
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Experience with big data analytics platforms
· Sound knowledge of programming SQL, PHP, Java, Microsoft Dynamics, Java, .Net, SAS or other programming experience.
· Sound knowledge of ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle, or PeopleSoft.
What we look for
- An outstanding leader to a critical practice & important priority to EY growth strategy;
- Highly developed relationships with key commercial and finance organizations and; collaborated, partnered and acted as a valued team member, both with internal and external stakeholders;
- Capable of harvesting EYs intellectual property and vast industry knowledge into commercially viable products and service offerings; must bring a pragmatic approach to balancing all of EY client-service interests while driving results to achieve desired FAAS growth objectives.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes social insurance and housing, additional commerce insurance, a minimum of 10 days of vacation and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, professionals and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we can make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.