BDO Senior Officer / Assistant Account Manager, International Settlements, Securities Services
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
BNP Paribas Securities Services is among the world leaders in the securities services industry. BP2S is ranked 5 th in the world in terms of assets under custody and is ranked the first non-American securities services provider. We have an A rating by Standard and Poor's.
Our mission is to ensure smooth and secure financial transactions for our clients (banks, brokers, institutional investors and corporates) and to protect their assets across all markets. Our clients are: fund managers (including alternative funds), insurance companies, sovereign-wealth funds, superannuation funds, brokers and investment banks, commercial banks, major companies and issuers. We help our clients to focus on their key activities and become more efficient by taking charge of their middle and back office services (especially for brokers, investment banks and asset managers in Europe, USA and Asia Pacific).
We operate in all classes - equities, bonds, mutual funds, investment funds, listed derivatives, OTC derivatives and alternative funds and structured products. We are present in over 100 markets worldwide with Assets under Custody of USD9, 070 billion and process 85 million transactions each year.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a new BDO Senior Officer / Assistant Account Manager, International Settlements.
- Trade monitoring through liaising with Local/Global Custodians for International Settlement with focus on Asian markets
- Fails management to avoid buy in
- Support HK Public holidays
- Error queue and Settlement management to ensure timely settlement
- Liaise with clients to process instructions and resolve issues
- Process stock borrowing requests from client
- Daily stock and cash reconciliation
- Accounting management and Control
- Manage ON-Exchange stamp duty payment
- Credit Risk management
- Monthly reporting and invoicing
Knowledge and Experience required:
- Solid background in Broker-Dealer industry (Back Office Outsourcing)
- Experience in Local/Global custody business in particular Asian Markets
- Good knowledge on the Hong-Kong market is expected
- 3 - 5 years of experience in the Brokerage / Custodian activity
- Good Swift knowledge
- UAT/Project management experience is a plus
- Good Attitude
- Client focused
- Strong communication skills is essential
- Self-motivated, with a strong sense of initiative
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Fluent in English
- Flexibility to adapt to changing environment; multitasking is essential
- Good Team player
- Commitment, Initiative , Drive and Energy to continually improve and enhance processes
- Strong skills of Excel Macro and MS office tools
- Knowledge of UAT and Test planning
- Sound knowledge of Third Party Clearing business in Hong Kong
- Sound knowledge of local market systems - (e.g. CCASS)