Banking Talent Programme - Management Office
Posting Date: 09-Jun-2020
Location: Hong Kong Island, HK
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited (Hong Kong Office) About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About Banking Talent Programme
In collaboration with The Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA), United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) have jointly launched the Banking Talent Programme to nurture young talents for the industry, and provide participants with an opportunity to better prepare for future careers in the banking sector. The Programme targets fresh graduates from local universities who will be offered six-month work opportunities and industry-specific training.
During the programme, you will be assigned to this department to learn and apply newly gained knowledge. A series of inductions seminars as well as professional training courses will also be organised by the HKMA, in collaboration with The Hong Kong Academy of Finance, The Hong Kong Institute of Bankers and reputable industry practitioners. Job Responsibilities
U nder the guidance of Management Office, provide various support, including but not limited to:
- Review existing work practices, policies & procedures of Business Units & Control Functions to identify areas with potential work efficiency and risk controls enhancements.
- Work in details with Business Units & Control Functions to improve productivity / risk controls based on suggestions from management
- Gather market research data and assist CEO office to prepare any business strategy or other ad-hoc papers for senior management
- Assist in tasks upon requests by Business Units & Control Functions which require CEO office support
Be a part of UOB Family
- Graudate with a bachelor's degree in 2020 from local universities
- Hard working and can take pressures to work long hours
- Strong logical mindset
- Willing to drill into details
- Good at communications and bridging gaps with different stakeholders
- Good adaptive abilities to fast changing work mode
- Willing to learn and take up new challenges
- Ability to work independently amid uncertainties
The application starts on 15 June 2020.
Deadline for submission of application is 5 July 2020.