Standard Life (Asia) Limited, established in 1999 and registered as an authorised insurer in Hong Kong, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Heng An Standard Life Insurance Company Limited. Since its inception, the Company has predominantly been partnering with financial advisers and other financial institutions to provide wealth management solutions, focusing on investment-linked insurance plans to help customers achieve their wealth and retirement goals.
We have completed the transaction with Standard Life Aberdeen plc's joint venture business in Mainland China, Heng An Standard Life Insurance Company Limited, to build a stronger, single insurance base for our future development in the region. The complementary strengths in both investment-linked insurance and traditional life insurance will allow us to expand our product suite as well as offer more opportunities for our people.
We now have an exciting opportunity in our BA team to support our next phase of business development. This role will get involved across a wide range of projects. The dynamic working environment will give the right candidate an opportunity to develop and interact across the business with exposure to senior leadership team.
To provide a comprehensive range of analytical services and supports to deliver business solutions for Standard Life Hong Kong business.
- Identify business improvement area in operation efficiency
- Provide business analysis service and/or process review to support business initiatives/product implementation/project execution and/or operations production system related issues
- Have good understanding and awareness on key aspects of life insurance and operations risks
- Ensure all change requests from end users / IT are managed and approved in accordance with project methodology
- Work with operational, finance, products, marketing and IT teams to develop appropriate business solution for coping with the business needs
- Collect, analyse and document business needs and requirements in Business Requirement Document/ Business Flow Diagram/ Requirement Traceability Matrix
- Review Function Specification from IT to ensure alignment of understanding of requirements between business end users and IT
- Conduct feasibility study and/or gap analysis
- Evaluate solution in terms of cost, timeline and quality (fit-for purpose)
- Drive the system and process testing to ensure the change deliverable with good quality
- Prepare training materials and conduct training to end users
- Assist post-implementation verification test if required
Qualifications / Experience / Requirements
- At least 2-3 years’ relevant experience preferable in life insurance industry.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven track record in specifying user requirements and managing User Acceptance Testing
- Excellent communication skill both in written and verbal spoken communication skills English, Chinese and Mandarin.
- Knowledge in applying proven methodologies, standards and tools involved in analysis and testing.
- Experience of the development life cycle and project management disciplines.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint, VISIO and Chinese Word Processing.
- PMP/Business analysis methodology and training
- Six Sigma Green Belt qualification or relevant process improvement experience
- LOMA FLMI preferable
- International experience and/or China working exposure