Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our per Commercial Banking - CMB Chief Operating Officer's Office formance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. Commercial Banking - CMB Chief Operating Officer's Office
Hang Seng's Commercial Banking (CMB) business provides customized one-stop financial solutions to our corporate customers, from prime small and medium-sized businesses to publicly listed companies.
For customers conducting business locally or around the world, we offer a comprehensive range of services including corporate lending, trade and receivables finance, structured loan, cash management, investment, treasury services, insurance and e-Banking services. As a reliable financial partner, we attend to the specific business needs of our customers and provide efficient tailor-made banking solutions through our relationship managers and dedicated specialists.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Business Financial Crime Risk Manager Principal responsibilities
- Implement policies and projects relating to Tax Compliance and Financial Crime Risks (e.g. Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Fraud etc.) in Commercial Banking (CMB) and/ or Global Banking (GB). Work with internal, regional/ global stake-holders to facilitate relevant platform and process launch.
- Conduct and support adhoc or thematic review in relation to Tax Compliance and Financial Crime Risk Management.
- Prepare MI and meeting materials for oversight and reporting in relevant governance meetings. Assess the effectiveness of CMB and/ or GB's Financial Crime Risk framework, timely escalate issues and ensure relevant governance meetings are appropriately informed for the required decision making.
- Respond to Regulator, Audit and Assurance Teams on the assurance assessment in the area of Tax Compliance/ Financial Crime Risk for Commercial Banking and/ or Global Banking, including material submission, provision of response, following up on rectifications of findings as well as to conduct read-across exercises.
- University degree in a related discipline or other relevant qualifications
- Minimum 4 years' relevant experience in banking industry, with good knowledge of KYC and AML. Corporate banking experience is definitely an advantage
- Strong leadership with good communication and interpersonal skills, with excellence in project and time management
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills, plus ability to work under pressure
- Proficiency in both English and Chinese, fluency in Putonghua an advantage
Candidates with less experience may be considered as Assistant Business Financial Crime Risk Manager
Visit Hang Seng Career Page and sign up with our Talent Community to receive the latest information about our career opportunities in Hang Seng Hong Kong.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.