BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you're valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
https://careers.apac.bnpparibas/ MAIN OBJECTIVES & PURPOSE A. FRONT OFFICE SUPPORT ON PROCESSES
To provide the proximity support to the Front Office on the main operational processes (account openeing / review, order taking, credit, etc.).
1. Address promptly the Front Office quesries on the business processes.
2. Create and partner with a network of in-house experts (from Client Management, Compliance, Credit, Operations, etc.) to address more complex queries.
3. Build and maintain, in collaboration with all the support functions, a new Front Office portal in Sharepoint as the reference entry gate for the Front Office (for an easy access to all relevant procedures, forms, templates, FAQ, tutorial videos, chatbot, etc.). B. FRONT OFFICE EFFICIENCY
To drive the simplification journey related to the Front Office processes in collaboration with other functions.
1. Identify the pain points and work out with the relevant actors until the resolution / closure of the issues raised (given the internal and/or external constrains).
2. Communicate on the actions taken (e.g. via flash news / the Front Office portal or regular ''Front Office Paint Points / Feedback'' meetings, etc.).
3. Manage the escalation process and necessary follow-up actions.
4. Ensure the proper tracking and reporting of the simplification plan to the Management. C. FRONT OFFICE REPRESENTATION
To represent the Front Office in the Bank's change management initiatives (operational process, IT upgrade, regulatory framework, etc.) in close collaboration with the Markets and Investment Counsellors, where applicable.
1. Analyse the impact of new projects, workflows, etc. on the operations of the Front Office.
2. Ensure that the Front Office requirements / concern are taken into account (across Markets / Investment Counsellors).
3. Liaise with the relevant project manager / sponsor to discuss impacts and work out solutions. Strive to design business friendly solutions.
4. Lead discussions and liaise with the Market Business Managers / Investment Counsellors for decision-making.
5. Work out with the Change Management team for a smooth change management process for the Front Office. D. FRONT OFFICE PROCEDURES
1. Maintain / update the Front Office procedures (tagged to the department) including the Business Impact Analysis and the Wide Area Disaster for the Front Office. Review and comment the procedures from other departments impacting the Front Office. Ensure that the procedures are consistent across sites (if applicable).
2. Communicate the updates on new or improved operational workflows / processes to the Front Office (for those under the Business Solutions teams' responsibility).
3. Contribute to the training and understanding of the Front Office procedures (providing orientation to newly on-boarded staff and refreshers as and when required).
4. Assist to reply to regulators / auditors' enquiries (operational processes involving the Front Office). Ensure the closure of regulators / auditors' recommendations under the team's responsibility. CONTROL ASPECTS
- Ensure that business activities are in line with regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Contribute to implementing a sound permanent control framework (policies and procedures, Business Continuity Plan, action plan and recommendation follow up, reporting…).
- Contribute to the reporting of incidents according to internal policy. COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- University degree holder with minimum 7/8 years of relevant private banking working experience.
- Experience in business management position and/or project management is highly appreciated.
- Very good knowledge and understanding of local regulatory environment.
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills, ability to work and engage discussions with stakeholders at all levels and cultivate positive working relationship across functions.
- Ability to manage complexity, multi task, juggle multiple assignments and deliver pragmatic solutions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint.