CIB Operations - Client Onboarding, Case Lead (Banking) – Associate
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 12 déc. 17 2017-12-12
An exciting opportunity now exists in the Wholesale Client Onboarding (WCOB) team in Hong Kong. The team owns the end to end onboarding and periodic record renewals process which involves working closely with internal stakeholders to serve as a single point.
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, offering innovative and intelligent solutions to clients in more than 100 countries with one of the most comprehensive global product platforms available. We have been helping our clients to do business and manage their wealth for more than 200 years and we keep their interests foremost in our minds at all times. This combination of product strength, intellectual capital and character sets us apart as an industry leader. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a global financial services firm with assets of $2.0 trillion.
Wholesale Client Onboarding (WCOB) is a global team with locations in major cities such as New York, Chicago, London, Bournemouth, Hong Kong and Singapore. The team works closely with Sales, Operations, Credit, Legal and Compliance to ensure efficient and timely on-boarding to the JP Morgan infrastructure. WCOB plays a critical role in introducing new clients to our organization as well as ensuring that our due diligence adheres to regulatory obligations for new and existing clients.
The global focus on anti-money laundering and KYC is increasing and leading to new roles and opportunities within JP Morgan. CIB is establishing a market-leading function to help manage the regulatory risks involved in the KYC due diligence process. This is a green-field opportunity for the right individuals to work in a fast paced dynamic team and to help identify and establish best practice within JP Morgan and the industry.
This role sits within the banking team in Corporate and Investment Bank Operations. As a Banking Case Lead you will own and drive the end-to-end client lifecycle, which involves initial Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing research, client document collection and case building. The Case Lead will be facing off to the business managers of Debt Capital Markets, Equity Capital Markets and Mergers & Acquisition to priorities your pipeline and be the point of contact for the business to rely on for onboarding matters. You will handle high profile Bond Issuance’s, IPO’s and M&A onboardings. Due to the nature of the banking products you will need to be comfortable with tight timelines and multiple competing prioritize. To work effectively and efficient is our path to success.
• Manage the end to end client onboarding process.
• Liaise with Business to collect documents and ensure all KYC requirements are met whilst Onboarding the client.
• Oversee non-KYC activities associated with Client Onboarding (Legal/Credit)
• Pipeline Management, Conduct regularly meetings with business management to discuss pipelines, provide MIS, and prioritize KYC requests.
• Provide single point of contact/escalation to stakeholders.
• Defines/drives the strategic direction of the function, involved in discussions on moving the function forward in terms of technology and processes
• Actively partners across LOBs/functions to drive the risk/control agenda; participate in appropriate control forums
• Develops/supports preventative processes to strengthen the control framework and monitors for potential process failures or weaknesses.
• Attend regular stakeholder meetings.
Skills & Experience
• Over 4 years experience in an investment banking environment, preferably in KYC/Client Onboarding.
• Excellent communication skills in English, written and verbal (Mandarin/Cantonese a plus).
• Strong Client focus and stakeholder management experience.
• Ability to deal with high pressure, time sensitive tasks
• Strong working knowledge of KYC / CIP / AML rules and regulations
• The candidate needs to be a quick learner, highly motivated and have a ‘can do’ attitude.
• Adaptable, flexible and willing to work in a dynamic environment
• Strong working experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Flexibility to adapt to a continually changing environment, and be prepared to take on responsibility whilst being willing to absorb and share their knowledge continuously.