Eclipse Trading is a top equity derivative proprietary trading firm, specialising in options market making. We pride ourselves on our trading expertise and strategies across several Asian markets, with technology being at the core of our business. Founded in 2007, we have approximately 100 staff across our three office locations – Hong Kong (our HQ), Sydney and Shanghai.
The Gateway team is responsible for the firm's exchange market data and order execution. Our ability to process information completely and correctly with extremely low latency is critical to the success of our trading. We have one of the fastest software stacks in Asia.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing market links and core components for our in-house developed trading systems.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop low latency exchange connectivity libraries for market data and order execution on Linux using C++
- Develop C++ applications providing order and inventory management, distribution of reference data, market data and trades, and other core infrastructure
- Test code thoroughly, including automated tests, and actively participate in code reviews
- Work closely with traders and quant strategists to gather system requirements
- Provide Tier 3 support as needed
What you offer
- University degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years’ experience of C++ development (C++ 11 or later desirable)
- Solid understanding of threading and network socket programming, ideally on Linux
- Excellent communication in spoken and written English
- Previous experience in finance not required
What we offer
- An exciting opportunity to be trained in the highly competitive low latency electronic trading domain
- A dynamic work environment where the focus is on getting things done efficiently instead of working long hours every day
- A flat management structure, where everyone's voice is valued
- A hands-on experience in the most exciting part of the financial industry
- An attractive benefits package where your contribution will be rewarded handsomely in line with our performance-based remuneration
All information provided will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.
Due to the high number of responses that we receive, we are only able to respond to successful applicants.