Client Onboarding Specialist
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part
BPS IB COLM - IB COB is within the APAC BPS COLM department and focused on
- Taking ownership of the client onboarding process across all jurisdictions globally and initial due diligence activities bringing potential relationships from 'prospect client' to 'trading client' in the shortest possible time, minimizing risks, delays and maximizing the quality standards ensuring full compliance with all relevant requirements.
- Facilitating and coordinating with relevant FO and Business COOs new business initiatives.
- Advising APAC IB (ATS and IBCM) sales personnel and direct clients on any client onboarding requirement globally (e.g. KYC, account opening, tax and suitability) and proactively solution to the extent permissible, issue impact a client onboarding request in relation to (a) client identification and compliance requirements (b) Credit or Legal issues (c) static data issues (d) product system (OPP).
- Handling case preparation for low and high risk client onboarding requests including (i) complex clients (e.g. hedge funds, trusts and unregulated entities, insurances, sovereign and any entities based in 'high risk' jurisdictions) (ii) accounts with booking entities supervised in multiple jurisdictions and (iii) clients trading products that present credit, compliance and legal implications attracting enhanced regulatory scrutiny.
- Performing screening activities linked to the client onboarding requests and facilitating relevant dis-positioning by FO and potential reporting to Compliance for clearance in regards to PEP, Rep. Risk etc.
- Ensuring the client onboarding request submitted to compliance for approval is in a complete and accurate manner having regard to all applicable client due diligence, tax and other regulatory requirements.
- Proactively engaging all relevant business partners with a view to steadily improve and optimize controls and processes relevant to new client onboarding and account opening & forms governance processes.
- Ensuring high standards of Ethics and Control be maintained during the performance of day-to-day activities, reporting / investigating potential regulatory breaches.
- Assisting in ad-hoc / ongoing regulatory projects and performing relevant controls embedded in the process.
- Maintaining and improving quality of client static data capture on internal client data platforms (e.g. iCON Party / CMS and Fenergo)
- Producing relevant MI pertaining to IB COB activities, feeding Key Performance Indicators, KRI and APAC governance metrics.
Main duties/responsibilities of the role
- Implementing Account Form Governance and control/tracking of IB Client Onboarding (to run in parallel of CLMR program roll out phases + expected legal entity / client data migrations)
- The enforcement of data steward ownership / initial due diligence model, these controls and ongoing supervision of Key IB client data points will progressively move as part of COLM IB COLM BAU tasks
Additionally, the incumbent might also engage in the:
- Reviewing of KYC, tax and suitability documentation pertaining to new clients being onboarded or whose relationship is being extended
- Reviewing and facilitate dis-positioning of screening results in coordination with FO client relationship owner and compliance
- Processing and coordination and performance of all relevant 4 eyes check controls as well as qualitative and quantitative contribution to various business initiatives and related client outreach touching upon client relationships of varying levels of complexity
- Representing BPS IB COLM in strategic / regulatory IB client account form governance initiatives and projects
- Delivering initial due diligence output that is in line with IB COB quality standards, objectives, vision and roadmap.
- Driving and delivering continuous operational improvements in the processes and diligently use the tooling part of the IB client IT platforms
- Managing own IB COB Book-Of-Work (BOW) and the prioritization of IB client onboarding.
- Supporting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of IB client platform solutions, and deliver training to Run-The-Bank teams where required
- Delivering MI for capacity and delivery management
- Providing regular status updates on progress with projects to line management and internal business partners
- Seek to provide/obtain/coordinate advice from/to relevant partners to resolve potential or actual issues affecting the onboarding processes.
- Driving and tracking, subject to pre-agreed parameters, the necessary prioritization review of ad-hoc initiatives
- Investigating and report potential breaches in IB client onboarding processes.
- Assisting in implementing the regulatory project objectives and priorities set by CS management.
- Providing relevant translations to / from English for BAU and day to day team needs in other languages mastered by the incumbent
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application
- 3 - 5 years of experience for degree / non-degree holder
- Previous experience gained in an international financial institution (investment banking), securities/trading house or Asset Manager.
- Familiarity with AML / KYC / Regulatory regimes in APAC, and ideally EMEA, US
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English, as well as Mandarin due to market coverage which requires regular dealings with Mandarin-speaking business partners and teams globally
Technical/business skills & knowledge
- Familiarity with investment banking and corporate finance products (such as M&A, IPO, DCM, ECM etc.)
- Self-starter with outstanding project management skills
- Accurate and keen on detail
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking and can work on own initiative whilst also delivering on time with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
- Acts to add value to the business and clients
- Makes timely informed decisions
- Uses resources efficiently
- Proactive, drives projects, processes to achieve goals and deliver results
- Promotes timely flow of information and can multitask
- Strong problem solving skills, a collaborator and keen to work in a diverse environment
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.