- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 13 déc. 17 2017-12-13
We are a growing online broker within the European Union. Next step is expanding our activities outside of the EU. Therefore, we are seeking a motivated and skilled Compliance Professional to join our company and launch in Hong Kong.
You will be involved as the compliance specialist in the license application and the setting up of the business operations in order to launch our online platform in Hong Kong. After you will be in responsible for compliance with the applicable financial rules and regulations under Hong Kong law. You will be reporting directly to the directors in Hong Kong and the compliance department in Amsterdam.
This position is a generalist and business facing role, where you will be heavily involved in all aspects of compliance and must be able to work with all stakeholders. Making it a challenging job on a daily basis, where a hands-on approach is crucial.
The responsibilities of this function entail:
- Assisting with license application and membership applications if applicable;
- Be point of reference for regulator SFC and compliance advisor;
- Providing advice and assisting with setting up of business processes and operations;
- Assist in administrative tasks for setting up business operations; and
- Execute the compliance function in Hong Kong after license is granted and launch of business.
- Relevant academic background (preferably Law, Economics or Finance);
- Excellent command of the English and Cantonese;
- 3 - 5 years of working experience in a related position;
- Knowledge of Hong Kong regulatory financial law and financial markets;
- Previous experience in contact with Hong Kong regulator is a pre;
- Enthusiastic team-player with a pragmatic committed approach and international outlook
- Excellent organizational skills, able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrable analytic reasoning skills
- First months will be training from our office in Amsterdam
- Relevant education
- A challenging fulltime job in an international and fast growing company
- Competitive salary and the opportunity to earn a bonus
Who we are
DEGIRO (www.degiro.eu) was established in 2008 to service the professional market. DEGIRO offers fast trading infrastructure at professional prices. In 2013 DEGIRO started offering this service to retail investors giving them online access to 100 security exchanges worldwide at wholesale prices. Since 2014 DEGIRO is expanding its online brokerage within the European Union. It is now looking to expand and bring its services outside of the European Union.