Control Office Manager - Global Finance
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
Global Finance is integral to HSBC's purpose and strategy, playing a valued role in managing costs and deploying capital in the most effective way. Our global team of finance professionals partner with the business to provide trusted insights and forward looking analysis; accuracy; efficiency and control to frame and influence business decisions.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Control Office Manager. Principal responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with the operational risk and control management framework for Finance in the Asia Pacific region.
- Liaise with Operational Risk and provide support and guidance to various Finance teams to ensure that appropriate operational risk and control identification and assessment is undertaken for Finance.
- Provide financial control guidance and support in the region to ensure that the operational risk of Finance are properly managed.
- Support and develop the risk and control reporting to the Global Finance Control Office and other stakeholders.
- Conduct periodic country assurance reviews over the internal control environment of the Finance function in the region.
- Maintain HSBC internal control standards, including monitoring of assurance review findings, internal and external audit issues together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Act as a conduit for responding to control issues raised by the countries in the region.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Qualified accountants with relevant work experience in Finance or Audit.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and be able to deal confidently with staff at senior levels.
- Able to cope with pressure and tight deadlines.
- Sound commitment to continuous improvement, self-motivated, confident, and capable of working autonomously as well as part of a team
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.