Core Banking Developer - Mox
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. About Mox
As one of the biggest banks in market, we are rapidly expanding by growing a new virtual banking business in Hong Kong. We see ourselves as a fast growing start-up company where you will enjoy autonomy and teamwork at the same time, solving new and exciting problems in a nimble and agile way. Join us and be part of history making for future banking experience! The Role Responsibilities
Mox core banking capability technology uses Thought Machine. Mox is seeking an engineer to join a team of subject matter experts in this domain.
- Interact with Core Banking Squad Product Owner and external stakeholders about capabilities of Thought Machine (TM) Vault.
- Provide guidance on required functionality to meet business goals.
- Contribute and evaluate specifications for developing Financial Products as code.
- Requirement analysis of financial products and their translation into code:
- Transforming financial product requirements into architecture and design,
- Making informed decisions on what financial logic should be implemented as code vs. outside the Vault estate,
- Implementing financial product specifications in Python code,
- Creation of technical documentation.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Automated test design and development for Banking Layer content using TM proprietary simulation interface. Testing across development (acceptance criteria), functional and operational performance
- Understanding of Vault APIs and their use.
- Solution architecture of external integrations into TM Vault.
- Strong knowledge of modern development technologies and practices, including but not limited to:
- Micro-service architecture
- Restful APIs
- Understanding of banking and accounting processes and models
- Understanding of modern automated testing practices and design
- The ability to explain complex products and software to a wide range of audiences
- Solid experience in back-end development.
- Quick learner with an ambitious and results driven personality.
- Self-starter who can work independently.
- Work well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.