Reports to: President (Asia)
Location: Hong Kong
* Responsible for the performance of the office operations in Hong Kong, specifically achieving revenue growth and operating earnings through effective leadership and cost management
* Operational management of multi-discipline units
* P&L responsibility
* New business development
* Key customer account management
* Design, implement and maintain the operational strategy, delivering on the priorities agreed with the President Asia.
* Provide effective leadership to the country offices giving guidance and support to ensure high levels of service delivery, driving employee engagement.
* Grow the operation through establishing a people plan that identifies and retains talent to deliver high performance.
* Monitor and track performance to budget and review processes to ensure productivity and efficiency targets are met.
* Manage the P&L effectively, ensuring corporate governance and robust cost control.
* Provide a strategic review of the operation to ensure continued turnaround and sustained profitability.
* Build a network of influential stakeholders in the market and actively pursue new opportunities for business development, across both the local and international markets.
* Attend seminars and engage with local industry experts to tap into new and emerging markets.
* Provide technical support and supervision to teams to ensure successful delivery of a high quality service provision.
* Foster a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices, individual integrity, customer centric focus and service value.
* Develop an operational framework that will include creating, implementing and evaluating governance policies and procedures to achieve legislative compliance and protect the business.
* Work collaboratively with colleagues on an ongoing basis to drive optimal operational performance whilst working with the President Asia to ensure consistency across the Southeast Asia regions.
* Monitor and identify opportunities for continuous improvement and develop innovative solutions to enhance business practice and demonstrated efficiencies.
* Promote the Company ethics and values, focus on what matters to the customer and promote client's insurance brands.
* Sound knowledge of the Insurance market and local factors. (ideally, prior knowledge of claims management process)
* Sound knowledge of corporate governance, audit and compliance processes
* Sound financial acumen and knowledge of financial planning and PL accountability
* Sound knowledge of Business Development activity and Sales and Marketing strategies
* Strong commercial acumen gained from operating in a lean service driven environment
* Excellent leadership and influencing skills to motivate and energise others to 'get the job done'
* Excellent organisational skills to manage a varied workload and competing demands
* Strong commercial acumen to demonstrate credibility in the market place and manage operations in an effective way
* Strong communicator - is articulate, shows tact and diplomacy, respecting local cultures and customs
* Strong analytical and decision making ability in order to analyse information / problems correctly and make sound judgements, timely decisions
* Ability to lead change in such a way that helps others to overcome barriers and fully engage in driving new initiatives
* Excellent business development / relationship management skills to maintain existing client list and win new work
* Relevant insurance or claims background with professional qualifications