Data Analyst, Core Banking Project
About Dah Sing Group
The Dah Sing Group is a leading financial services group in Hong Kong offering banking, insurance, financial and other related services through its growing network of over 70 branches in Hong Kong, Macau and Mainland China.
Our currency is caring, teamwork and progressiveness. We accept that everyone is unique and different in talent, but alike in the capacity for growth. Our task is to shape a culture that creates a sense of pride in achieving something beyond just a job, and an environment where you can be your true and authentic self, like at home.
Reporting to the Section Head - Data Quality Management, you will be responsible to improve and ensure the data quality of customer information by conducting data analysis, evaluating data cleansing options, coordinating with IT project teams on implementation, performing data quality monitoring, and exercising control according to the data governance framework and relevant procedures and guidelines;
- Perform data analysis with query tools on database repositories
- Conduct and coordinate with IT teams and users for data cleansing exercise
- Work with IT project teams and/or solution providers to implement data governance & quality rules
- Conduct ongoing monitoring on the conformance with data quality management procedures and guidelines
- Provide production support and troubleshooting on data management systems
- Analyze user and system requirement and set direction, guidelines and procedures of data governance and data quality standard
Candidates with more experience will be considered as Assistant Manager.
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Systems and/or related disciplines
- Minimum 4 years' experience in IT industry with at least 2 years in data related analysis and design, data cleansing and data modelling and/or related application development projects
- Minimum 2 years' experience in the banking sector with good understanding in related business applications, data management and related technologies
- Must have hands-on experience in SQL, data query tools and VBA
- Solid working experience in data query and integration tools (Cognos, DataStage, Power BI, MS Access) and ETL programming
- General understanding in data quality improvement, data management processes and business intelligence applications
- Data management experience in Core Banking system revamp project is a plus
- Good communication skills in Cantonese and English, with Putonghua an advantage
- Good presentation skills and confident to deal with various business stakeholders independently
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.