Data Center Strategy and Planning Global Head - SVP
The Infrastructure Group Manager is a senior management-level position responsible for managing and guiding a team that ensures efficient and effective Citi infrastructure in coordination with the Technology Team. The overall objective of this role is to use infrastructure technology knowledge and identified policies to process data, resolve issues and execute administrative tasks. Responsibilities:
- Develop strategies to meet business strategy goals and demonstrate in-depth understanding of how Technology Infrastructure integrates within the overall technology function to achieve objectives
- Lead and motivate a team, conducting managerial responsibilities such as performance evaluation and management, employee selection, compensation, budget management and resource planning
- Resolve issues that have impact beyond own area and apply in-depth understanding of concepts and procedures within own area and basic knowledge of other areas
- Provide services by using insights from stakeholder/partner relationships, actively seeking information to understand issues, expectations and needs
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and contributes to defining standards and recommend reengineering efforts for continuous improvement
- Provide evaluative judgment based on analysis of information in complicated, unique and dynamic situations, drawing on diverse range of internal and external sources
- Persuade and influence others through communication and diplomacy skills and negotiate with external parties as needed
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years of experience in a technology infrastructure role with experience in people and project management and selected infrastructure technologies
- Experience in financial services or large complex and/or global environment preferred
- Consistently demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication with ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Proven ability to develop projects required for design of metrics, analytical tools, benchmarking activities and identification of best practices
- Proven analytical, diagnostic and multitasking skills with focus on execution and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to both work independently and partner with virtual teams in a high-pressure matrix environment
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of various parts of a project/initiative with tight deadlines or unexpected changes in expectation/ requirements
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
The Data Center Strategy and Planning Lead will be responsible for leading an analytical team with an engineering focus and strategic mindset. This role manages a global function supporting Technology Hosting solutions for the enterprise, developing comprehensive Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) views for all environments, while developing critical, long term roadmaps for Data Center Services (DCS). As a subject matter expert, and thought leader, you and your team will be responsible for providing a comprehensive view of DCS initiatives and ensuring alignment of strategy/engineering/operations with broader technology and business objectives. This Senior Leader will be responsible for the following:
•Driving strategic data center service management initiatives within a large-scale compute and/or technical facility environments.
•Developing financial views covering capital management, Works in Progress, accelerated depreciation / write-off and other financial treatments to support data center transformation initiatives.
•Developing enterprise business cases in support of data center transformation, migrations, services, hardware, labor and capital planning.
•Evaluating data center outsourcing proposals and outsourced technology labor, with proven experience in key terms and risk mitigation of 3rd party engagements.
•Principally supporting commercial contracts in support large scale hosting environments.
•On-going assessments of 3rd party data center markets, leading vendors, current pricing models.
•Synthesizing large sets of variables into logical constructs that drive strategic data center service decisions.
•On-going evaluation of data center portfolio contracts, leases, and capital investments from partners to develop engineered solutions that optimize cost with no additional risk.
•Leading teams that influence/manage technology financial drivers within a large-scale enterprise technology organization.
•Developing option analysis and evaluating business cases to support multi-year multi-site enterprise transformation programs.
•Representing DCM during RFP/ RFI processes for outsourced labor, data center premises and software ELAs.
•Leading matrix project teams across multiple functions supporting transformation projects.
•Defining and implementing KPIs; facilitate a data-driven decision making environment. Job Family Group:
Technology Job Family:
Infrastructure Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting