Our client is looking for a Data Engineer to join their growing team in APAC.
- Technical related degree and/or equivalent professional qualification.
- At least 5 years of experience in data engineering and/or backend software development, leaving you with proven software development skills and a firm foundation in modern software engineering methods like version control, TDD and CI/CD.
- Excellent programming skills in Python, Java and SQL.
- Proven expertise in at least one cloud platform like Cloudera, AWS, and GCP.
- Solid know-how regarding data modelling, schemas, and API development, including REST or GraphQL.
- Hands-on skills of data engineering tools and frameworks such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Redshift, ELK, as well as relational and NoSQL databases. You can provide advice on tool selection.
- Pratical knowledge of container technologies such as Openshift, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Practical knowledge of handling varied types of data (text, tabular graph, time-series, geospatial, image etc.) and are familiar with concepts for storing and processing large and/or heterogeneous data volumes.
- Familiar with business intelligence, data analytics and data visualisation frameworks. nYou have some experience with state-of-the-art data architectures, for example microservices, data lakes and data marts, and managing interdependencies between cloud and on-premise applications.
- Professional experience working in an agile development environment, preferably Scrum. n You have strong communication skills and like making decisions.
- Member of the interdisciplinary project teams. Your job will involve working closely with clients to analyse, design, develop and launch data-driven solutions and platforms that create and leverage business insights from distributed data sources. You will use your analytical and innovative mindset to challenge conventional thinking.