Data Management Specialist - Group Strategy & Projects (Innovation & Data Lab) (12-Month Contract)
- Defining and promoting the end-to-end data management process for data acquisition and processing, data quality and governance for our Enterprise Data platform.
- Deploy a metadata management framework to cover data lineage, access control, data catalogue, data encryption, anonymisation, etc.
- Enhance data stewardship & protection through building a Data Governance framework by defining data classification.
- Designing & supporting the implementation of data access rights & data handling processes
- Develop best practices for group data management to minimise operational effort, automating processes where possible
- Work closely with Data Stewards in various business areas to design and continuously refine and optimise our data governance process
- Work closely with Data Architecture and Data Engineering to continuously refine platform offerings and architecture
- Act as a change agent and drive continuous improvement through stakeholder education, feedback collection, pain point investigation and industry best practices study
- 6+ years in the data management and governance space, although candidates with lesser experience will also be considered.
- Experienced in setting up data management and governance processes for an enterprise and have proven track record of delivery, demonstrating an ability to solve complex problems with different groups of stakeholders. Experience in leading a team is preferred.
- Data driven thinking
- Ability to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skillsets, backgrounds and levels within the organization
- Ability to effectively conduct meetings, both formal and informal
- Experience in establishing an Enterprise Data Catalogue
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in cross functional teams
- Experience in metadata management, reference data management, data quality and data lineage
- Knowledge in data management with cloud-based infrastructure (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Experience in the Collibra data management platform
Applicants who do not hear from us within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data provided will only be used for the purpose of employment application to HKEX.