Data Scientist - Global MNC
A well-established insurance company is setting up their new digital business in Hong Kong and looking for a strong Data Scientist to join the team.
You will do:
You will perform data-driven research, problem solving, and algorithm development through the systematic application of mathematics, statistics and computer science as well as cutting edge data technologies. Results of this work manifest themselves in a variety of ways, including interactive visualizations, presentations, publications, web applications, predictive algorithms, and APIs.
This is an opportunity to join a small but growing high performing team that have been tasked with developing, maintaining and extracting knowledge from a strategic data asset. Our work revolves around studying fundamental and high impact business questions that directly impact the direction of the company and industry at large.
• Lead projects and research initiatives
• Develop algorithms and predictive models, create prototype systems, visualizations, and web applications
• Design and analyze experiments
• Assemble data sets from disparate sources and analyze using appropriate quantitative methodologies, computational frameworks and systems
• Disseminate findings to non-technical audiences through a variety of media, including interactive visualizations, reports and presentations
• Oversee operations of algorithm and system deployments
• Mentor junior team members
• B.S./M.S./Ph.D. in a quantitative discipline (Computer Science, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Operations Research etc.) is required
• At least 5 years of relevant industry experience (3+ years for M.S., 0+ years for Ph.D.)
• Expert in data analysis using R or Python (numpy, scipy, matplotlib, scikit-learn, pandas, etc.) programming languages
• Experience of developing statistical models and machine learning algorithms
• Proficient level of understanding in the following areas and an expert in at least one: machine learning, probability and statistics, natural language processing, operations research
• Experience in database design and SQL
• Project management experience
• Knowledge of NoSQL systems, Hadoop/map-reduce, Spark, Hbase, etc. is preferred
• Outstanding communication skills (publication history a plus)