Data Scientist - Retail Banking and Wealth Management
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 22 nov. 17 2017-11-22
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves more than 50 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Data Scientist .
In this role, you will
- Interface with Project business team to understand business use cases and convert them into data engineering requirements
- Support Architecture, Design, Development phases to clarify the requirements and documentation assistance
- Deployment support for Data Engineering team
- Work closely with Data Engineers to make sure the data engineering solution is properly integrated
- Testing support and for the Data Engineering team and validate that the business requirements are met
- Take part in Data Profiling, Source system analysis, building Source to Target Mapping and Technical and Business Metadata Collection
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Experience in building Data Mapping document, Metadata Collection and Data Quality reporting
- Technical expertise regarding data modeling such as Conceptual, Logical and Physical data modeling database design development utilizing data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience with relational databases such as SQL, DB2, Oracle, Teradata
- Knowledge of big data and NoSQL databases such as HBase
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets utilizing Excel, SPSS and SAS
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong ability to carry out data quality control, validation, linkage and lineage, report writing and presenting findings
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000A257
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited