Derivatives Java Developer
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- UBS AG
'Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Do you have the drive to innovate? We're looking for someone like that to help us.
- Strong interest in understanding the business. You will work directly with the trading desks. Everyone in the group is integral to the development and support operation of the platform as a whole.
- the platform is sophisticated and demands high caliber developers that can operate as an integral member of the team, as well as self-directed for development execution
- Core build technologies include: Java 8 / Oracle / Linux / Ant / Teamcity / Scripting / Test Driven Methods & Agile Process / OO Design & principles
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
You'll be working as part of the Automated Derivatives Strategy development team in Hong Kong. This will be part of a wider global Quoting team, working on a low latency algorithmic trading platform covering a range of products - including warrants, listed options and ETF market making. Development for the region is driven out of the local regional team.
Your experience and skills
- Strong Java development skills, 5+ years' experience
- Familiarity with the business domain, or a strong interest and desire to learn and understand the business (eg. Warrants / Listed Options / Futures / Market Making & specifics of market links)
- Real-time trading platforms experience - high performance, high availability, high throughout, high capacity, yet low latency distributed system
- Excellent problem solving skills, and quick to pick up new concepts
- Understanding of Market links technology, specifically understanding of FIX is an advantage
- an excellent communicator with strong internal client relationship skills
- able to operate effectively in a dynamic front office trading floor environment
- a self-starter, able to create new solutions independently, as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- a well-organized and disciplined coder, and an ambassador for test- and behavior-driven development
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.