Desktop Support Engineer
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific ( www.apac.bnpparibas )
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
- Responsible for desktop software & hardware support and work with service providers in case of hardware failure.
- To install and test PC peripherals as requested by users according to the bank standard.
- To follow up procurement & delivery of hardware/software that're required by users.
- To install software/application according to user requirements or application installation procedure, and act as the first line support of software & applications.
- To co-ordinate & liaise with other IT teams for network connection of desktop equipment.
- To provide relocation services on IT desktop equipment.
- To maintain up-to-date hardware inventory.
- To administrate Windows user account.
- To satisfy all administrative requirements of the position.
- To update SAP for procurement & fixed assets control.
- To deploy latest Security Patches
- To support VC and voice recording playback
- Direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework.
- Contribute to the implementation of operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities, such as Control Plan
- Comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines
- Contribute to the reporting of all incidents according to the Incident Management System
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Good working knowledge of Windows 7, MS Office 2010, Lotus Notes, Outlook
- Good skill in desktop hardware and software problem resolution
- Good spoken English and Cantonese
- Good written English
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Holder of MCSE
- Over 2 years working experience in a banking environment