DevOps Engineer - Virtual Banking
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
Build a modern, secure, efficient and cloud native database and data storage tier Our Ideal Candidate
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.
• Collaborate closely with our development teams in our fast-paced delivery environment. Qualifications and Skills
• Excellent practical knowledge with RDBMS and NoSQL databases, PostgreSQL highly preferable.
• Experience with AWS RDS and DynamoDB.
• Excellent knowledge of data sharding, schema and query performance optimisation, data structure tradeoffs, disaster recovery patterns and metrics.
• Good understand of technologies and experience in building a secure, efficient and fault tolerant system.
• Knowledge of technology best practices for building a modern automated platform.
• Self-starter, capable of working without direction and able to deliver projects from scratch.
• Scripting skills - Python and Bash.
• Public cloud management experience - AWS with Hashicorp Terraform.
• Strong knowledge of Linux/UNIX.
• Strong understanding and practice Agile/Lean projects SCRUM, KANBAN etc.
• Practical knowledge with Git flow, Trunk and GitHub flow branching strategies.
Strong English communication skills.
• Experience with Amazon DynamoDB, Redshift
• Breadth of knowledge - databases, data stores, network storage, distributed computing, cloud computing.
• Familiar with big data concepts, Hadoop, Spark.
• Container Management and container orchestration experience - Docker, Kubernetes.
• Monitoring tools Elastic Stack, Prometheus, Grafana.
• Development experience in Java/Scala/Kotlin, Python.