DevOps Linux & Virtualization System Engineer
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Societe Generale
- 20 mai 18 2018-05-20
DevOps Linux & Virtualization System Engineer
SG CIB is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Société Générale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. SG CIB provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region.
At Societe Generale we have developed - and continue to develop - advanced programs to support your career development. A diverse and comprehensive Learning & Development program, a Junior program for graduates and a Remuneration policy that stimulates your growth are just a few examples that illustrate how we help you to fulfill yourself personally and professionally, and how we develop your ability to adapt to ever-changing environments and transform challenges into opportunities.
You will be on boarded in the Cloud Infrastructure and Platform as a Service team that develops and maintains On-Premises Cloud Infrastructures, Container technologies and Traditional Hosting and Storage. The department is composed of 20+ DevOps System Administrator and Developers using Agile framework at scale.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps engineer with experience in site reliability, operations and exposure to projects in a large scale infra environment. Who has a strong technical background in High Availability Linux based systems, AD integration, privileged access and cloud automation. To provide Follow the Sun Support (on shift basis) and deliver Cloud Infrastructure Backlog prioritized by the product owner. Also, any exposure to physical hardware is desirable to be able demonstrate an understanding of the fundamentals.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate an understanding of ITIL practices, be familiar with change management processes and Agile methodology.
The successful candidate will integrate into a team responsible for the following products: Bare Metal Hosting, Block Storage, Container ecosystem, Server Self-Management features and FTP / SFTP.
Main responsibilities of the team:
- Support production platforms across all products under the department's responsibility (include Support shift, Weekend operation and Follow the Sun)
- Plan and deploy upgrades to fulfil compliance, security or capacity requirements
- Design, test and implement news solutions for product under its direct responsibility
- Work in close relationship with other IT teams to ensure client requirement and expectation are mutually agreed
- Deliver continuous improvement of the products under its direct responsibility (efficiency, new features, self-service, …)
Infra as Code being a fundamental pillar of Société Générale's Digital Transformation, the candidate must demonstrate his willingness and ability to harness in the future code and development concepts if not already preexisting.
Academic Background And Certifications, Experience
- College degree such as Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years of experience as a System Administrator
- 3+ years of experience on Linux 24 / 7 Production environment
- Experience with an Agile framework employing SCRUM methodology would be a plus
- RedHat Certification (RHCSA / RHCE or similar)
- VMWARE Certification (VCP-DCV or similar)
- Passionate in automating system administration tasks / Little tolerance for repetitive work
- Strong written and oral communication skills a must; can present formally or informally
- Not afraid to raise issues and drive change to remove impediments from the teams
- Care about learning new things and improving existing challenges
- Has a passion to share knowledge amongst the community.
- Experience administering Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) or comparable Linux distributions, including storage configuration such as SAN, LVM, etc
- Experience administering VMWARE vSphere and ESXi
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Experience in OS security and authentication technology such as LDAP / Active Directory, etc
- Experience with Python and significant contribution to well identified use cases.
- Experience with privilege access tools such as Power Broker, Sudo and auditing practices.
- Proven knowledge and ability to develop knowledge on RESTful API
- Proven knowledge with core infrastructure services such as DNS, DHCP, NTP, NETWORK ROUTING, FTP, etc …
- Proven knowledge of working with RDBMS
- Proven knowledge of SAN appliances would be a plus
- Proven knowledge of Docker and related technologies would be a plus