DevOps System Engineer - Information Technology Hong Kong
You will be onboarded in the Market Connectivity infrastructure team that builds and run connectivity to Market Exchange for our Corporate and Investment banking business across Asia Pacific. This department is made of 20+ DevOps System Engineers, Network Engineers, Market Data Engineer and Developers using Agile framework at scale. Your feature team is made of 8 those engineers and seats on the trading floor, close to the business line your team is working with.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Systems Engineer with strong technical and operational background in Operating System (Linux) and Automation (Puppet, Ansible, scripting) to design and deliver reliable services to our internal partners. Main responsibilities of the team:
• Design, test and implement infrastructure solutions for products under its responsibility, including low-latency electronic trading.
• Work in close relationship with other IT teams and external partners to ensure client requirement and business expectation are mutually agreed and met.
• Continuously improve the products under its direct responsibility (efficiency, new features, self-service, operational safety).
• Plan and deploy upgrades to fulfil compliance, security or capacity requirements.
• Support production platforms across all products under the department's responsibility (includes on-shift support, weekend work and Follow-the-Sun for P1 incidents).
As a team member within an Agile practices framework, the candidate must demonstrate to have a strong willingness to learn about new technologies, new way of working and share his own experience/knowledge as required by the team to deliver the services. In a self-managed environment, high degree of autonomy, responsibility and collaboration are also required. Profile Required Qualification: Academic Background and Certifications, Experience
• College degree such as Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
• 5+ years of experience as a System Administrator.
• Passionate about learning new things, share knowledge, and solving complex challenges.
• Automation mindset with little tolerance for repetitive work.
• RedHat Certification (RHCSA/RHCE) or similar. Operational Skills Minimum qualifications:
• Experience in administering Linux systems (Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and above or comparable Linux distributions).
• Experience with designing Intel-based servers hardware configuration tuning.
• Experience troubleshooting and designing services, including DNS(Bind), NTP/PTP.
• Good command of the Linux command line and scripting (shell, Python, Perl, AWK). Preferred qualifications:
• Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Ansible, Chef or Salt Stack.
• Good knowledge of network protocols and configuration on Linux-based systems.
• Experience with an Agile framework employing SCRUM methodology.
• Experienced with change preparation and ensuring production continuity. Nice to have:
• Experience with Security/Operating System hardening.
• Experience with Docker, LXC or other container technologies.
• Development experience with Python or other mainstream language.
• Experience in administering virtualization (VMWare vSphere and ESXi, OpenStack).
• Some experience in managing Windows systems Business Insight
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region.
At Societe Generale we have developed - and continue to develop - advanced programs to support your career development. A diverse and comprehensive Learning & Development program, a Junior program for graduates and a Remuneration policy that stimulates your growth are just a few examples that illustrate how we help you to fulfill yourself personally and professionally, and how we develop your ability to adapt to ever-changing environments and transform challenges into opportunities. Department Description
Welcome to the IT Infrastructure department, Global Technical Services (GTS)..
IT infrastructure is one of the major stakes for the bank and is at the heart of Societe Generale group's strategy.
Today, the Digital Transformation raises important challenges around IT Architecture, Infrastructure and Security. Many of these challenges are opportunities to imagine new experiences for our clients and new way to deliver IT services.
Within the Resources and Innovation division, GTS department plays a key role in the Digital Transformation. With more than 3500 GTS staff located across the world, GTS develops innovative projects while delivering operational excellence for infrastructure services to 148,000 employees and 32 million external clients.
GTS staff motivation comes from the new technologies they deliver to enhance agility of the various business lines (Cloud, Big Data, Continuous Delivery)
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 1800129W
Business unit: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 12/12/2019