Role Responsibilities Understanding of Client
Revenue and TB Drivers
- Deep understanding of clients business needs, footprint and decision-making process.
- Owns TB Client Map and Account Plan commitments.
- Deep understanding of client treasury management needs, ecosystem and supply chain.
- Build full access to cash management and trade finance decision makers through active client calling; including treasury, procurement and sales centres, strategic sourcing, export teams, structured financing teams, channel / distribution management teams.
- Build access at operating level in the client shop.
- Complete ownership of client level revenue for Cash and Trade.
- Complete ownership of the assigned portfolio's Driver levels.
- Manage the execution through to revenue realisation as per scorecard metric.
Ideation / Pitches
- Pro-actively lead Cash and Trade opportunity development with the CCIB team.
- Execute activities in line with TB sales pipeline and deal review policies.
- Take the lead in identifying explicit and implied client needs, engaging key influencers and decision makers, developing solutions and leading proposals and pitches to clients.
- Input into BCA's via Product Conditions for assigned portfolio.
- Facility structuring for Trade deals, working with SST and other key stakeholders where relevant.
- Proposal and pitches to the clients.
- Provide input to Product Managers on evolving client and competitor landscape.
Client Servicing Support
- Put up PSRs / Deal Reviews where applicable.
- Coordinate with SSD deals.
- Document negotiation for new to bank business.
- Active role in credit and compliance approvals on CA deviations for assigned portfolio.
- Grow Utilisation on Trade limits for assigned portfolio.
- On RS details, work with the RSMs on deals.
- Ensure that any post sales service issues identified are managed appropriately by Service Management and/or other relevant departments. (e.g. CCIB).
- Working with assigned PSM for superior client servicing and experience.
- Manage all Cash and Trade Sales risks in the assigned Portfolio. Conform to global standards, improve risk metrics, e-enablement and culture, and ensure no failed audits (internal and external).
- Adhere to good sales practices in relation to relevant policies, behaviours (per Culture, Conduct and Behaviours) and FOSAF.
Key Stakeholders Internal
- Proactively engage business and functional partners / stakeholders to drive the origination sales agenda with clients.
- Promote the SCB brand and exemplify the values of the Group in all undertakings, including adherence to the Group Code of Conduct.
- Country and Regional Heads of Products / Segments
- Country and Regional Heads of Functions including Relationship Manager, Product, ITO, Legal, Credit, Compliance and CFCC, etc.
Our Ideal Candidate Experience
- Represent SCB and Transaction Banking with all stakeholders including Clients and industry bodies.
- Broad banking experience.
- Deep knowledge of TB products.
- More than 10 years experience in driving TB business.
- Proven ability to independently identify, drive and deliver on opportunities.
- Strong executive impact and track record of new to bank sales success.
- Practitioner with Advanced Cash and Trade knowledge.
- Structuring Solutions and ability to handle documentation.
- Strong credit understanding and experience.
- Seen as an industry expert in Cash and Trade.
- Understanding of how to work effectively within a matrix / network organisation.
- Ability to proactively identify client needs and create solutions to generate new to bank business.
- Ability to cultivate a network of relationships in the client with key influencers and senior decision makers to identify and win deals.
- Ability to probe the commercial implications of a client's needs and provide solutions and advice that positively impact the client's operational and financial performance.
About Standard Chartered
- Wants to be a trusted advisor - positions as the "go to" person for clients when they desire strategic TB input.
- Strong credibility with key stakeholders, i.e. Risk, CCIB, ITO, etc.
- Sharp commercial focus, analytical mindset, consultative engagement style, innovative problem-solving approach, and strong achievement orientation.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers