Director, FTP, Treasury - Liquidity
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Serve as the primary contact for Funds Transfer Pricing ("FTP") issues arising in Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, and Korea;
- Collaborate with broader Treasury (including Liquidity, Modelling & Platforms, Markets, & Risk), Country & Business Finance, Technology, and domestic / business stakeholders in shaping the FTP strategic agenda, platform, and MIS.
- Recommend and monitor country FTP policy, approach, and procedures;
- Act as an independent arbitrator between various stakeholders for whom FTP drives a key component of their performance;
- Review and update Group FTO policy and Standard, and identify common themes and focus areas for policy amendment to facilitate better and practical compliance in country
- Participate in discussions with external vendors and internal developers on strategic system replacement discussions and help them understand FTP policy and expected functionalities to facilitate automated solutions to implement the policy.
- Have responsibility for ensuring out operational risk is well controlled
- Solid experience in Treasury, Finance, Technology, Business Management, or Strategy role with Change Management experience.
- Exceptional stakeholder management and communication skills a must
- Have a deep interest in technology and be digitally literate, with coding experience a strong plus.
- Good knowledge of cash flow, liquidity risk, interest rate risk concepts and the regulatory changes, such as behavioral models, Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP) mechanisms, Basel III etc.
- Familiarity with banking book and money-market financial products. An understanding of derivatives is advantageous but not required
- Ability to understand, define and articulate business requirements in a clear, precise manner (with project management experience is advantageous)
- Ability to scope and conduct data intensive numerical studies, and present the results in a concise and clear manner to audiences which may include senior management, business and country stakeholders
- Ability to understand, define and articulate business requirements in a clear, precise manner (with project management experience is advantageous) for technical teams
- Have a proven track record in running projects relating to FTP, balance sheet management, business resource optimization, or liquidity.
- Proven ability to comprehend business processes, to identify inefficiencies and risk, and to provide appropriate business solutions or alternatives.
- Fast learner with a strong interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills.
- A desire to effectively drive change across the organization.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.