Director, Full Stack Software Engineer
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Manulife Hong Kong
- 20 mai 18 2018-05-20
Director, Full Stack Software Engineer
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The position is responsible for the Node.js and Java engineering leadership, application architecture, development and support of new and existing digital application platforms for Manulife Asia, including but not limited to the Manulife MOVE platform.
Application Architecture, Development and Support
- Technical leadership of backend, micro services development and enhancements of digital applications, including but not limited to the Manulife MOVE platform.
- Assist in the gathering and analysis of user requirements and provide consultation on estimates, sprint planning and validating / qualifying estimates provided by development teams and third parties.
- Assess application architecture impact and follow sound systems design principles, ensuring reuse of components and flexibility in configuration of design to support multiple: product, country and channel requirements.
- Maintain the quality standards of the application platform, ensuring robust QA and code review processes are in place.
- Establish and adhere to DevOps practices to maximize automation and continuous delivery practices including comprehensive unit testing automation.
- Maintain systems development standards, patterns and ensure compliance.
- Prepare and maintain full technical documentation of development tasks and deliverables
- Troubleshoot system errors reported by users
- Apply change management principles where appropriate in the IT process to effectively deliver solutions
- Ensure IT operational SLA compliance and operational efficiency of IT processes in support of business goals
Manulife Center of Excellence (COE)
- Anticipate and monitor programming developments that may impact design and recommend alternatives or points for adapting.
- Collaborate with the Manulife IT and Operations team to build an 'exciting and innovative' culture within the teams across Asia that strives to be best in market and customer focused;
- Ensuring compliance to set ADM practices are in place, and where absent define, including: incident management, enhancements, work request and project throughput and quality assurance processes
- Contribute to the reuse of Digital technology, solutions & skills to achieve cost efficiencies utilizing Agile, DevOps, repeatable technical playbooks and collaborative IT process automation practices.
- Functional leadership of one or more backend development teams or pods
- Collaborate with the Manulife IT and Operations team to build an 'exciting and innovative' culture within the teams across Asia that strives to be best in market and customer focused
- Participate/lead in cross training and up skilling activities in the team
- Help onboard, train, and mentor new members in the team
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Computing Science or Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in designing and developing simple to complex Java applications
- Experience in developing and testing Node.js applications
- Extensive experience in delivering integrated digital solutions, particularly complex "backend" Java based functionality and integration.
- Experience in delivering projects from inception through to post-implementation warranty using Agile DevOps project delivery methodologies
- Experience in delivering projects involving stakeholders from multiple locations
- Insurance industry knowledge, is seen as advantageous
- Must be actively programming in Java based technology stack with strong analytical skills. Expert knowledge in core Java based technology stack (Unix or Windows).
- Must have good knowledge about Node.js based technology stack with strong unit testing, e2e testing skills.
- Expert knowledge in Object Oriented Analysis, Design & Programming (OOADP)
- Ability to design solutions, resolve technical issues using Java based technology stack.
- Ensure programming best practices & quality gates are followed
- Ability to drive new technology analysis & discussion
- Ability to deliver under high pressure
- Ensure application integrity as product roadmap & business requirements.
- Endeavor to become a web based full stack developer
- Committed team player
- Proven track record of developing applications using Agile methodology.
- Expert knowledge in core Java 8 and Java VM.
- Expert knowledge in Spring Technologies
- Expert knowledge in Java data structures (single and multi-threaded)
- Knowledge of Node.js and related frameworks like Loopback
- Knowledge of AngularJS 1.x
- Working knowledge of how to incorporate OAuth 2.0 protocols
- Ability to design and develop an API driven architecture
- Ability to take on new technologies and programming languages as needed
- Knowledge of asynchronous strategy using queues and caching techniques
- Working knowledge of mobile architecture and mobile application stacks
- Expert knowledge of one or more REST/SOAP, Web interface, data integration using JPA/JTA in distributed environment
- Knowledge of IoT & wearables technologies
- Working knowledge of Sonarqube, Jenkins, Static code analysis
- Delivery methodology Agile, TDD/BDD/DDD within DevOps environment
- Knowledge of Salesforce and SDK APIs
- Experience in the design, development and testing of micro services
- Knowledge of PCF (Pivotal Cloud Foundry) and Azure platforms.
- Knowledge of setting up CI/CD deployment process and scripts
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.