Director, Investment Advisory (PvB), Hong Kong
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Focus on suitability of investments for dedicated group of clients; understand client risk appetite, investment preference and return expectations
- Liaise with Relationship Managers to produce account plans aimed at developing the client relationship including growth of assets and profitability
- Provide a tailored portfolio and trading service of relevant and suitable investment solutions
- Provide timely analysis of market and product information
- Be capable of addressing multi-asset class product requirements
- Review client investment portfolios on an annual basis using Portfolio Insight
- Deliver good investment performance commensurate with the clients' risk and return appetite
- Timely and accurate execution of client orders
- Understand specific client issues, including restrictions, so as to provide optimal solutions
- Identify opportunities/solutions from the wider SCB group which benefit the clients
- Act as a trusted investment advisor of choice, e.g., acts as sounding board for competitor proposals
- Solid knowledge and exposure to a wide range of investment products, preferable in multi-asset class underlying including equity, foreign exchange, fixed income, credits, commodity and mutual funds
- Good communication in English, Cantonese and Mandarin
- Polished presentation and negotiating skills
- Ability and acumen in building strong relationship with working partners and with clients
- Knowledge in Risk, Regulatory and Legal & Compliance areas
- The ability to be a solution-partner to Relationship Managers
- Proactive, disciplined, result-oriented, desire to excel, strong team spirit
- Candidate with less experience will be considered as Director
- License Person of Type 1 and Type 4 under HKMA/SFC
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.