Equity Research Analyst - TMT (World Top-Ten Macro Hedge Fund)
- Highly Competitive with Bonus Scheme
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Bo Le Associates Ltd
- 17 juin 18 2018-06-17
Our client is a leading Asia focused alternative investment management firm. The firm manages strategies across public and private markets in Asia and globally. Being ranked in the top 50 by Bloomberg Magazine in 2016’s Top-Performing Funds with assets over $1 billion, they have been the top ten hedge funds globally, and they currently manage 12 funds with closed to 200 professional staff across the various investment strategies: Macro, Equity L/S, Private Equity and Venture Capital.
Provide fundamental analysis for Asian listed equities. Produce buy/sell recommendations and overweight/underweight for sectors to portfolio. Support investment team in the generation of investment ideas, conduct frequent company visits, perform financial analysis and prepare investment memo.
Equity Research Analyst - TMT
As an Equity Research Analyst you will:
- Acquire expertise in TMT sector working on a firm-wise level and become adept at in-depth analysis of your industry and companies;
- Contribute to our highly differentiated written product;
- Build relationships with company managements as well as sales, trading and institutional clients
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Provide fundamental analysis for Asian and overseas listed equities. Produce buy/sell recommendations and overweight/underweight for sectors to portfolio managers and Head of Equity Investment;
- Preferably with experience of covering TMT sectors, knowledge and experience in Smartphone, semi-conductors industry would be a plus;
- Contribute to performance of relative and absolute return portfolios;
- Draft market analysis and portfolio commentaries on request;
- Support investment team in the generation of investment ideas, conduct frequent company visits, perform financial analysis and prepare investment memo;
- Cooperate closely with other research teams, such as macro and strategy teams, in order to maximize overall investment returns;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the capacity of investment / research, analyst covering TMT sector. Preferably experience covering international stocks;
- Fluency in Mandarin and Cantonese would be highly sought-after;
- Bachelor degree or above in Economics/Finance/ Accounting or related discipline, SFC licenses for Type 4 and 9 regulated activities; high GPA is preferred;
- Solid understanding in fundamental company analysis, regional coverage experience preferred;
- Excellent broad-based analytical skills
- Positive attitude, hardworking, analytical, detailed minded, self-motivated and results oriented;
- Excellent spoken and written skills in both English and Chinese (Mandarin is a must).
It would give you opportunities to rapidly gain visibility and incremental responsibility. While the culture is intellectually rigorous, the team will participate in a range of activities including philanthropy, development and social events, and annual on- and off-sites.