Execution Performance Analyst - Global Asset Management
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 08 nov. 17 2017-11-08
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
Global Asset Management, the investment management business of the HSBC Group, serves HSBC’s worldwide customer base of retail and private clients, intermediaries, corporates and institutions invested in both segregated accounts and pooled funds. Global Asset Management fulfills its purpose of connecting HSBC’s clients with investment opportunities around the world through an international network of offices in approximately 30 countries, delivering global capabilities with local market insight.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Execution Performance Analyst.
In this role, you will
- Undertake the daily assessment of Best Execution results from the previous day, investigate exceptions and warnings that the Best Execution systems have generated
- Prepare and issue daily and periodic reports for post trade execution monitoring as required
- Liaise with the Dealing Desk, Compliance, Risk and the Global functional teams as to the cause for any Best Execution exceptions
- Document and record the cause for each exception and to establish a plan to introduce any corrective actions that may be required
- Undertake thematic, trend assessment and reporting so as to identify trends or patterns of execution activity that may require further attention
- Prepare summary analytics and reports for reporting into the Local Front Office Management Committee and other management forums as required
- Liaise and provide feedback to the Global team on any issues and potential improvements with regards to post trade monitoring systems or providers
- To ensure that the Desk Instruction Manual and procedures are kept up to date and accurate with regards to post trade execution monitoring
- To assist the Dealing Desk in assessment and review of brokers performance and service
- From time to time provide additional execution analysis and reporting as required
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned by the Head of Dealing, Asia Pacific
- Engage with the Dealing Desk and other key stakeholders, including Information Technology, Compliance and Legal, Risk and Data Management
- Provide training and support on the post trade monitoring systems and processes as required
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- A track record of working within or closely with the Front Office across the main asset classes including Equity, Fixed Income and Foreign Exchange and in particular of trading tools and techniques, transaction cost analysis and the measurements of performance that support this
- Experience gained within an asset manager with the ability to demonstrate a good level of understanding of the vocabulary
- Experience of working in environments that are subject to complex regulatory change
- Ideally a good understanding of Markets in Financial Instruments Directive II from the context of trading and Best Execution
- To develop and maintain knowledge of market structure and transaction cost analysis in order to bring an informed perspective
- Proven ability to work accurately within tight schedules and interact well within a team environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to clearly articulate concepts and issues, manage and interpret the deliverables
- Previous experience of working and delivering within a complex global organisation
- Well developed Microsoft Excel and Visual Basic Applications spreadsheet skills and Microsoft PowerPoint skills
- Goal orientated mindset, commercially minded, customer and results focused
- Confidence and track record in building solid working relationships with key stakeholders, securing project resources or priorities from them through persuasion and influence
- Self starter with proven ability to work within a team and influence and motivate people around them.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000A0I6
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited