Front Office Developer - Information Technology Hong Kong
As a senior developer, you will oversee a green field project to build a brand new quantitative data platform/pipeline. This project is strategical for our quantitative business in Asia.
You will sit on the trading floor and work closely with the traders/researcher on day to day basis.
Profile Required Requirement:
- Develops, constructs, tests and automates mission critical data pipeline systems for Quantitative Market Making in Société Générale
- Design and implement to ensure systems support business requirements and bring values to business
- Continuously review, monitor and improve data information technology systems for reliability, efficiency, quality and sustainability in different scales
- Develops, automates data preparation, integration and storage processes for data modeling, mining and production usages
- Coordinate, liaise with various teams and providers for project delivery
- Solution explorations and develops proof of concepts. Report, present, document findings and propose next steps
- Work as a team. Be proactive, offer proposals, actively participates and contributes for team and personal growth
- Curious, autonomous and passionate about technology, you understand the problems presented and use empirical thinking to identify root causes.
- You make use of your knowledge and experience to deliver well-structured, simple and efficient solutions.
- You have a strong analytical mindset and team spirit.
- 5 years+ development experience in financial industry.
- Proven years of Core Java FO development (Java 8, Spring boot)
- Proven years of developing using Spring stack
- Proven experience on data management (modern database, SQL) & Visual analytics (Elastic Search, Grafana)
- Technical background in Linux
- Passionate about Data Engineering field (SQL/No-SQL, Big Data)
- Experience on Python and analytics libraries is a strong advantage
- Knowledge in .NET Framework & GUI design would be a plus
- Understanding of financial products (Equity & Equity derivatives)
- Experience in Agile, TDD and continuous delivery (Jenkins, Sonar)
Global Banking & Investors Solutions is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Société Générale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia, GBIS provides services in corporate and investment banking, asset management, private banking and securities around the world. GBIS offers to its clients integrated and tailored solutions to respond to their specific needs.
By joining the "Front Office Development" team, you will work in a multi-cultural environment, fostering work/life balance. You will join a fast-growing team, encouraging exploration and implementation of cutting-edge technologies and ideas, with a flat management structure.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 20000314
Business unit: SG Securities (HK) Limited
Starting date: 01/03/2020
Date of publication: 13/02/2020