Full Stack Software Engineer, Equity Derivatives - Java/React/Angular, Associate
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Pyramid Evolution is a strategic platform for processing and risk managing derivatives in the Investment Bank. It is used by Equity Derivatives business globally. The platform suite is responsible for low-touch quoting, trade capture, event & position management, and feeds to downstream systems such as accounting and legal documentation. Products range from high volume listed products to highly complex over-the-counter structured derivatives.
The platform uses a range of technologies including React, Java Script, Java, C#/WPF, Python, and Cassandra on Windows and Linux platforms. This is an opportunity to join an award winning technology team with excellent business sponsorship to deliver revenue enhancing technology and industry wide transformation.
· Work with subject matter experts to develop solutions that meet business the business requirements.
· Develop web front-end and java services integrated in the end to end processing of the derivative products.
· Build a stable, efficient, scalable cloud based solution which will be deployed globally.
· Design and code a significant amount of a robust, secure and efficient API to persist / retrieve data and implement the business logic
· Participation in code reviews and sharing of knowledge with other members of the team
We are looking for a highly talented and driven technologist who has a track record of delivering high-quality solutions in an investment bank or other fast-paced industry where first class solutions with 5 9's uptime are the norm.
• Solid number of years hands-on experience on Java and React.js
• Self-starter , delivery focused , strong experience on Agile programming
• Experience in Redux, Saga, JSS, SpringCloud, JMS
• Familiar with Microservices architecture and cloud-based technology
• Strong OO design skills with good knowledge of object modelling and design patterns.
• Keen to understand and solve business related problems.
• Computer science background with an intellectual rigour
• Experience of messaging e.g. AMQ, Tibco .etc.
• Ability to solve complex problems and a track record of high performance and delivery.
• Understanding of derivatives products.
• Strong communication and team-working skills
• Experience of working in financial services, in a front or middle-office environment.
• Exposure to NoSQL systems (Cassandra, MongoDB .etc.)
• Agile development techniques
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 15 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.