Global Data - Funds & Portfolio Project Representative - Hong Kong (1 Year Contract)
Bloomberg runs on data, and our Global Data team acquires and supplies it to our clients. Teams work to collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the data which ultimately moves the financial markets.
We are seeking a number of highly motivated individuals with a background in finance to join our team on a 12 month temporary contract. The project will involve working with our Funds & Portfolios team. This is a great opportunity for graduates of finance, accounting, economics or a related discipline to begin their finance career with us. Responsibilities:
- Procuring documents and fund classification
- Communicating with Fund Houses and Fund/Portfolio Custodians via phone calls / e-mails on publishing pricing data, fund classification and their holdings onto our database
- Updating and processing data onto the database adhering to time sensitivity
- Set up mappings to ensure proper data workflow and processed correctly to our vendors
- Locating and retrieving Fund Houses' public annual reports
- Take ownership and be proactive with key areas of responsibilities
We'd love to see:
- Bachelor or/and Master degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, demonstrated in a client facing environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Prior experience / strong knowledge and understanding of the financial markets (eg. Mutual Funds / ETFs)
- Strong organization skills with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously within tight deadlines
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks in a fast pace changing environment
- Strong persuasion skills to communicate with Fund Managers / Fund Houses
Does this sound like you?
- Fluency in another language (Mandarin / Japanese)
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
In the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/global-data/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com