Global Data Team Leader - Earnings Estimates, Hong Kong
Bloomberg runs on data, and in the Global Data team we're responsible for acquiring it and providing it to our clients. We collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiency, and we implement technology solutions to improve our systems, products and processes - and all this while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
The Global Data department in Hong Kong is looking for a highly motivated and entrepreneurial Team Leader to lead the team which looks after the areas of Earnings Estimates data.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious high-performer to take on increased responsibility and to help take our business to the next level. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Hire, mentor and develop data analysts to safeguard a strong performing team
- Lead a team of domain specialists focused on maintaining the Earnings Estimates database, and supporting BI and news with EE data queries
- Oversee and lead the building of processes and standards that make sure the quality and delivery of data, and the level-customer service exceeds expectations
- Leverage technology to optimize existing workflows, processes and resources to achieve department goals
- Maintain close ties with the EE teams globally to drive strategic initiatives
- Take ownership of business planning, workforce planning and management of small to large scale projects
We'd love to see:
- Superb communication and team building skills
- Proven ability and experience leading others, developing people and managing performance
- Solid understanding of Equities related financial products
- Experience or familiarity with tools and technologies used in ETL workflow and database architecture
- Ability to balance multiple deadlines, logically tackle problems and set priorities
- Excellent client facing skills and enthusiasm to represent the product both internally and externally
- In-depth understanding of merging technology and data processing methodologies, especially with respect to the application of big data
- Interest in building/developing workflow tools and processes
- Commitment to improving and developing products
- Creative and flexible approach to managing and problem solving
- Good understanding of the Bloomberg Professional Service and financial products
- Prior experience of interacting with players within the financial industry
- Evidence of strong individual contribution as a Financial/Data Analyst
Does this sound like you?
- Knowledge or interest in information technology or statistical analysis or computer programming (for example VBA, SQL, MATLAB, Python)
Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.