Global Investment Research, Equity Research, Analyst/ Associate, Consumer, Hong Kong
Global Investment Research, Equity Research, Analyst/ Associate, Consumer, Hong Kong OUR IMPACT Are you passionate about fundamental research and generating investment ideas?
We are looking for an inquisitive, enterprising, team oriented, hard-working professional to join our Consumer team in Global Investment Research team in Shanghai. OUR IMPACT
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing research and understanding markets. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Principal responsibilities include:
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Working on industry/sector-specific projects, analyzing market share, macro trend, cross company analysis and assessing new/emerging businesses models
- Providing support to single stock research analysts, including building and maintaining company financial forecast and valuation models
- Assisting analysts in writing research on industry/companies under coverage, and working closely with Content Management Group to ensure timely publication of research reports
- Responding to requests from clients, sales and traders
- University degree
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience or internship experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Mandarin due to the coverages and clients in different locations
- Strong ability to perform financial statement, business and valuation analysis
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and creative skills
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work/conduct independently and with limited supervision
- Meticulous attention to detail, strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong understanding of research experience
- Comparable/relevant business/financial/consulting experience preferred
- Natural curiosity, analytical, critical and logical thinking
- Demonstrated ability to think laterally and exercise good judgment
- Self-starter attitude with high level of enthusiasm for equity research
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity