GLOBAL MARKETS DIVISION
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
As a strats who sits in the Securities Division, you will play an integral role on the trading floor. You may create cutting-edge derivative pricing models and empirical models to provide insight into market behavior, or develop automated trading algorithms for the firm and its clients. You might be involved in analyzing exposures and structuring transactions to meet client needs, or involved in designing and developing complex parallel computing architectures, electronic trading tools, and advanced algorithms. Throughout the Securities Division, strats are using quantitative and technological techniques to solve complex business problems.
The Equities Structured Products desk trades a wide range of OTC and Notes products, making markets in hybrid payoffs, callables, barriers, multi asset options, systematic trading strategies, Notes linked to single or multiple equities, and Notes linked to multiple asset classes. Strats work alongside trading and sales in developing new products and finding tailored solutions to client needs. In particular, Strats are responsible for developing and implementing models to price and risk manage derivatives, and implementing workflow tools and analytics to improve the desk efficiency and gain market share.
- Implementing and improving payoff specifications, pricing methods and mathematical models used for products traded in the derivative market
- Implementing and improving risk management techniques and systems of existing and new derivatives products
- Providing and supporting the risk management tools for those products
- Identify opportunities to improve trading efficiency through automation in pricing & trading
- Strong academic background in a relevant field - Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Finance
- Strong programming background in a structured language (C, C++, Java, etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast moving environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- At least 2 years of experience as a quantitative analyst
- Prior experience in a sales and trading desk environment, relevant work experience with equity exotics products
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity