Head of Accounting - Insurance
- Up to $1M HKD
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Eames Consulting Hong Kong , Numéro de Licence EA : 16S8091
- 13 juin 18 2018-06-13
My client is a top global insurer looking for accounting professionals in Hong Kong to help manage and lead a team. Candidates should have previous accounting experience in either General Insurance, Reinsurance, Life Insurance. More junior candidates can be considered for a Senior Manager or Manager level grade.
- Lead the Financial Reporting function in the month end closing and balance sheet movement analysis
- Monitor the finance and accounting systems, policies and procedures to ensure that the processes and systems are operating in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Manage and deliver finance and accounting related projects to ensure their successful implementation and desired results. In addition, ensure proper resource allocation for timely and quality of delivery.
- Advise the management on critical issues, strategies and development to ensure business decision-making has a sound financial basis.
- Implement Group and local policies in order to adhere to the relevant compliance procedures and obtain satisfactory audit and regulators’ review reports.
- Manage key stakeholders in HO, Regional Office, local business units, peers, external consultants, regulators and auditors.
- Lead the IFRS17 and IFRS9 project for Life and P&C business in HK. Manage and engage with all stakeholders like actuarial, technology, operations, investments, risks, business, regulator, auditor and Group for this project.
- Mentor and develop the staff members to ensure a high quality and technically strong team
- Provide support for the implementation of new regulations like Risk Based Capital, Insurance Levy, etc.
- Review and verify that AML & CTF measures are in accordance with the Company’s guidelines and procedures
- Coordinate external audit to ensure smooth limited reviews and year end audit. Also liaise with other external stakeholders on tax related matters.
CPA, Master Degree and/or comparable/recognised professional accounting qualification.
A minimum of 8 years of Finance & Accounting and/ or audit experience in insurance business is a must, with 5+ years in middle management positions.
- Strong finance and accounting knowledge in a life and/or non-life insurance businesses.
- Good knowledge of new accounting standards like IFRS 17 & IFRS 9
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Extremely good at managing teams, peers and management
- Proficiency in Windows application and other computer software (i.e. Insurance application systems, SUN Accounting, Investment Accounting)