Head of Asia Pacific Product Oversight - SPDR
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- CDI, Plein-temps
- State Street
- 17 juin 18 2018-06-17
State Street PURPOSE/SCOPE OF ROLE: This is an exciting opportunity to join our expanding Asia Pacific (APAC) SPDR ETF business, working as part of the Global COO team. You will be based in our Hong Kong office but some travel will be required in order
PURPOSE/SCOPE OF ROLE:
This is an exciting opportunity to join our expanding Asia Pacific (APAC) SPDR ETF business, working as part of the Global COO team. You will be based in our Hong Kong office but some travel will be required in order to engage with key business partners in our other APAC SPDR hubs in Sydney and Singapore.
The overall purpose of this role is to ensure that there is effective oversight of the APAC SPDR products end to end operating model in order to meet the requirements of our evolving business and our market participants. You will act as the primary point of escalation and resolution of any problems with respective teams in SSGA and externally.
A key element of the role is ensuring that our ETF infrastructure is as efficient as possible. You should actively identify areas for improvement, in conjunction with the business, to make sure our processes are as robust as possible, so that we can continue to support the growing APAC business.
- Act as the point of escalation for any breakdowns in the daily processes ensuring timely action is taken to resolve any such issues by the respective internal or external party
- In partnership with other key internal teams such as Investment Operations and Product Development, regularly review the service delivery standards of our fund administrators and service providers highlighting and working to remediate any performance issues as required
- Work with our third party administrators and service providers to better understand their respective operating models in support of our business, and ensure any inefficiencies are identified
- Deliver a seamless interaction and client experience for our investors and participants
- Using your industry experience consider best market practice within ETFs. Identify and explore ways in which we can adapt our operating model to align ourselves with other market leaders where appropriate. Champion improvements across the organisation
- Lead the design and implementation of any process or operating model changes and if required help to translate any process changes or requirements into system development specifications. Oversee any business testing and go-live implementation
- Collaborate with your counterparts in the US and EMEA to align processes globally where practical to do so, build on existing infrastructure whenever possible
- Develop a close relationship with the Product Development team to understand any upcoming changes to our product features or characteristics. Ensure effective delivery of these changes into our operating model in a risk controlled and robust manner
- Conduct regular meetings with key business partners to ensure that progress and challenges are transparent and handled efficiently.
- Co-ordinate the delivery of our First Line of Defence control responsibilities for the APAC SPDR business. Assist with the identification of control weaknesses or gaps and work to strengthen our overall control environment
- Act as final sign-off for any operating model or platform changes
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree educated with a financial or analytical discipline preferred
- Extensive experience of working with Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
- Experience leading change projects and initiatives
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO BE:
- Passionate – enthusiastic, motivated, communicative, positive, entrepreneurial with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Innovative – change agent, creative thinker, solution oriented and innovative
- Client centric – place the client (internal or external) at centre of what we do
- Team Player – partnership orientated, affiliative, relationship builder
- Owner – willingness to roll up sleeves, navigate complexity and drive execution
- Communicator – candid, confident and enthusiastic, with a can do attitude. Ability to take complex ideas and present then in an intuitive fashion. Able to act as a business advocate
- Diversity champion– desire to work in a diverse, multi-cultural environment for an equal opportunity employer